Showcase Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-HF 30cm 1:4.5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by TonyTurley, Jun 3, 2017.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    I've had this lens since my days using adapted glass on a Sony NEX-5R. Hand-holding it is a hit-or-miss affair, although in the past I've gotten some good images with. I kept it when I got rid of a bunch of old manual camera stuff because 1) it is still in mint condition, and 2) on a tripod it is a fine lens for the odd shots of the full moon. Today I participated in a several hour bird walk with a local Master Naturalist chapter in which I'm a member. I am not a birder by any stretch of the imagination, but they are fascinating.

My bird shots didn't go quite as hoped. I got a couple of decent pics of a Kentucky Warbler, muffed the focus on a rare-in-these-parts Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly that was 20 feet away, getting a couple of soft images, locked the focus on an Eastern Towhee just as it took wing (and missed it), and got a couple of blurry shots of a pair of Louisiana Water Thrushes playing in a creek deep in the underbrush. Not my finest day. Probably why I don't try to carry that lens anymore, and stick to wide angle and close-up shots.

Here are a few, for what it's worth:

The Warbler
    K_warbler1.JPG
    The muffed Zebra Swallowtail pic
    DSCF8575a.JPG
    A school of juvenile Largemouth Bass:
    DSCF8585a.JPG

Looking across the pond, which is full of turtles. None came out to play today, although I could see the shadow of a huge Snapper that resides there:
    DSCF8594.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    A clear sky and crescent moon tonight prompted this pic with the X-T1:

DSCF9227.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016