Sipsey Wilderness, Alabama

Djarum

All-Pro
Name
Jason
As most of you guys know, lots of my photos are from my day hikes. My better half and I went down to the Sipsey Wilderness area in North West Alabama. Lots of waterfalls with lots of trails covering miles and miles of Alabama. All the images were taken with the collasable kit lens and the Oly E-PL2.

The goal for this hike was to find two waterfalls on Turkey Foot Creek. This trail is unmarked on any of the maps, and I found it difficult to find a whole lot about this hike, other than a few pictures we saw.

This is a blended 3 shot exposure image. Not trying to do HDR, but the lighting was harsh and I still couldn't get rid of all the blown out highlights.

P3118070blends.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Farther down the trail we ran into what looks to be an old Ford body. It's easy to see the creek in the background.

P3118079s.JPG

Shortly after running into this, the trail ended up stopping on a shear bluff. At this point, I wasn't sure what to do so we went back. Later on, after an hour or two research, I found out that we were supposed to cross the creek to a trail on the other side of the creek.

At any rate, we went back to the parking area and took a trail that follows the Sipsey river south from a picnic area. we found a few waterfalls along the way.

P3118106s.JPG

P3118112s.JPG

P3118154s.JPG

Thanks. I used a nd8 on the waterfall shots to slow down the water. The first shot posted really needed the her just to bring up shadows and reduce the secular highlights.

Back