More landscapes from X100

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Iansky, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Here are some more X100 images that I have converted into B&W using Silver Efex Pro and it does a great job so makes a very good partner for the X100.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    I have noticed that since reformatting my SD card after downloading images, the write times are a lot faster than previously when I used to just delete them without reformatting the card.

3. Greyelm

Greyelm FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    S.London, England
    Malcolm
    Are you using a Mac and a card reader? This is a known problem caused by OSX writing system files to the SD card. Reformatting after each upload is the answer.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    I do use a Mac so will continue with the refprmat process - thanks for endorsing that

5. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Beware of using an iPad to download your pics from a card too! I've done this whilst away on holiday and then wondered why the camera was behaving soooo slowly afterwards. You definitely need to format the card in camera. I was downloading the days pics and then just reusing the card, not wishing to delete the pics until I got home and got them onto my iMac but this was causing such a problem with the X Pro 1!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pelao

Pelao FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    GTA, Ontario
    Stephen, or Steve, or 'hey you"
    Beautiful photographs Ian.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Greyelm

Greyelm FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    S.London, England
    Malcolm
    I have similar problems with my iPad, if I need keep the images on the SD card I just lock it beforehand, remembering of course to unlock it on return to the camera.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Oh Ian...if ever there was a landscape photographer, it is you. Your first and second are vying for my favorite!

The framing, the eye "travel"...so much information presented in such a flowing and powerful way. I could go on but will spare everyone my attempts!

• Like Like x 1
  9. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    Just lovely Ian.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Crickey, thank you for the nice comments BBW - I always try and involve myself in the landscape to feel the power and majesty of it then capture what I can to share.

In the UK we are lucky to have changeable weather that may see all 4 seasons in 1 day - challenging but also very photogenic.

11. cherrywood

cherrywood FujiXspot Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Ohio
    Iansky, the first is my favorite, very nice perspective, the image "draws" me in from the front river to the tree's.

Just wonderful, thanks
    Dennis.

12. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Dennis,

It is a scene I keep getting drawn back to with the foreground water, tree and wall leading away at an angle up the valley slope.