1. MrA

MrA New to FujiXspot

May 24, 2013
    Dear Rico,

In spite of several references to the OVF on the X-20 being able to show ISO (in addition to the speed and aperture, focus light etc) I can not find any mode or function where ISO, whether user-set or auto, is visible in the OVF. Of course it is shown in the monitor but means taking your eye of the ball, so to speak. Any thoughts?

2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    I just checked, and my X20 doesn't display ISO in the OVF, so you should get back to the sources who have supposedly referenced this feature. I certainly never did. :)

By the way, the user manual is pretty clear about what is being shown in the OVF. However, it is very unclear regarding the different parallax corrected AF field displays in the OVF, so I covered this topic in my "Using the X20" X-Pert Corner column.

3. MrA

MrA New to FujiXspot

May 24, 2013
    In the pre-publicity for the X-20 this is stated in a number of early third-party reviews (clearly taken from the Fuji promo info) but is shown in the current on-line Fuji site references. To whit: FUJIFILM X20 | features - Easy-to-view “real timeâ€￾ shooting data display “Advanced Optical zoom viewfinderâ€￾ | Fujifilm Global

So, maybe they just never implemented this feature in the firmware to date and will in some future download (like the min shutter speed setting for the X-E1 and X-pro). or it was a a brave but unattainable claim never to appear.... Pretty annoying 'though.

4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    I see. Yep, there's stuff that was announced and never materialized, like a working live histogram in manual mode for the X100S. I really don't care much about such promises, and I tend not to copy and distribute them as fact (I leave that to others). Instead, I very much always get my hands on all the products I write about. Seeing is believing. :) I remember that Fuji UK had to retract their official list of X100S improvements, as it was a copy of an old internal PowerPoint presentation that contained several feature improvements that never happened in the production samples. Those internal presentations usually turn semi-public in a redacted form, as they are made available to selected media outlets as background information.