My new Black X100s

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Iansky, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Boy do I love this X100s in black, lucky enough to get one of the few around..........it just looks so good!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. tomrock

tomrock FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 23, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Tom Rockwell
    How did you get that? Did you paint it yourself?

3. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    LOL, no tape.......

Joking aside, I was lucky enough to be given a call the day the first black X100s arrived in the area so paid a holding deposit, sold my X100 to a friend and the next day collected the camera.

It looks better in real life than in the photo as it has more of a matt black effect than glossy (this is flash effect) - I just wish that Fuji had the black adaptors & lens shades available at the same time but they do not so playing the waiting game until my 3rd party set arrive from Hong Kong!

I also get a free Fuji ever ready case with it so have sent off form and now waiting, hanging on to my X100 case though as I use the half case all the time (will pass it on to my friend when the new one arrives)

Have to say it is everything I expected and more and the improvements over the X100 are subtle but very good (the "Q" menu is fantastic).

Well done Fuji, you just need to sort out your accessories availability.

4. Isoterica

Isoterica FujiXspot Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Feeling all incognito now? :D Seriously, it looks nice. Even better, you seem to be shooting a lot with it. Good for you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks,

I am enjoying the upgrade from the X100 and do feel that the handling is "slicker" - faster start up / focus and write times and personally, I prefer the black variant as it reminds me of the M series I used to own.