My Olympus e-p3 was left aside

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Henry, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Henry

Henry FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 13, 2013
    I went to Ontario last weekend with my lady. I brought with me my E-p3, My Pentax K1000 film camera and my Nizo 156 Super 8. We shoot many rolls including two Super 8 cartridges.

It is the first time I didn't use my digital camera besides taking not more that seven photos to share with my folks!

Film cameras are very simple, you only concentrate mostly on composing your shot.

The digital versus film, experience wise, is completely different.

What is the opinion of Fuji digital camera users?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I actually shoot my Fuji very much like how describe your experience with shooting a film camera. I don't need 10 shots of the same thing, I need one VERY good one. And taking more does NOT mean I'm more likely to get that 1 very good one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
    I was just noticing this today when I was shooting a local exhibit on boats and boat-building. I spent much more time crafting the shots, and I have fewer and I believe better photos as a result. Something about the camera makes me want to give it the best opportunity to capture a great image.

4. Steve B.

Steve B. FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Exactly Luke.

5. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    What's certainly to like about the X-E1 and X-Pro cameras is their instant and traditional access to shutter speed and on-lens aperture ring. If you are familiar with those, the Fujis will certainly be familiar tools.

6. Henry

Henry FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 13, 2013
    When I bought my E-p3, I was also looking at the Fuji X100, the main reason I decided to go with Olympus is that the X100 hand a fix 35mm equivalent lens. I agree, the tradition access to the camera settings are a major and reasonable feature that every modern camera should have.

7. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I think this is a very important and point and should be remembered regardless of the type of camera you're using. Since with digital, exposures have become 'cheap', I often find myself not taking the time to ensure I get the shot I want - instead shooting lots of frames and not using most of them.

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Contax G1 is with me pretty much all the time :cool: