Need mouse recommendations

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by CaptZoom, May 13, 2013.

1. CaptZoom

CaptZoom FujiXspot Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    It's time to upgrade my mouse to be used for Photoshop on a Mac running Lion. My total budget is $100, and I do not want a wireless mouse. I'm thinking about getting a gaming mouse; in addition to being precise, they allow for changing the resolution on the fly, the weight if the mouse can be adjusted, and they're ergonomics tend to be better.

Please recommend some mice that you find useful for photo editing.

2. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    What about a drawing tablet (wacom, bamboo) for editing? Is more precise than mouse and performs most mouse functions (eg right click). Ming Thein always uses it, especially for dodging/burning. I haven't used mine yet but I am planning to do so.
    Peter

3. CaptZoom

Mar 22, 2013
    Once my work requirements can justify the cost of a Wacom tablet, I'll purchase it. Regardless, I still need a mouse. A pen is quite frustrating when used outside of image manipulation.

Enjoy your tablet. It will make D&B much easier.

4. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Understood. I found the apple bluetooth mouse convenient for most things. There are not many mouses for lefties like me. I also have the apple pad but I don't use that one often. Sorry I can't be of any help. Let me know what you've chosen, just in case I need a new mouse!

5. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I have the Wacom Bamboo and since I started using it, I no longer use a mouse for anything. Typically I use the pen/stylus, but without it, the tablet works just like multi gesture trackpad, but with a much larger working area. Its really a fantastic product in my opinion - I can't fathom that I ever edited photos without it. The pressure sensitive aspect used with adjustment brushes in LR is simply incredible to work with. If you haven't started using yours yet, please do so!

6. CaptZoom

Mar 22, 2013
  7. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    That's a scary thing ;-)
    Enjoy using it!
    I am looking forward to your findings.

8. CaptZoom

Mar 22, 2013
    I'm curious to see what the thing actually looks like; the photos are highly stylized.