New Firmware for cameras and lenses

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by Mike G, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Mike G

Mike G FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Fuji has released new firmware for the X-T2 and X-Pro 2 + the 10-24 and 18-55 zooms available from your local Fujifilm website!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    You gotta love 'em... How old is that lens now?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. alexmilesg3

alexmilesg3 FujiXspot Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Oakland County, Michigan
    Alex
    I really hope it resolves the poor autofocus accuracy on those two lenses. I have never seen a more unreliable autofocus lens than the 10-24 - it's even worse than shooting with a DSLR. You look at the focus DOF indicator and it shows you a different distance almost every time you try to focus on the same subject. The 18-55 is somehow similar at smaller apertures, and I cannot figure out why Fuji has done nothing to make them more reliable. Always wondered if, to achieve a faster focussing speed, they have sacrificed accuracy by loosening up the "tolerances" for acquired focus.
    So many times I just give up on the AF and go full manual - however the peaking *SUCKS* on my X-T2. I mean, even my S8+ has better focus peaking. Even my 3 years old Olympus E-M1 blows my X-T2 out of the water when it comes to peaking and focus accuracy. And I am even going to waste words on the split image thingy... it would only be curses anyway.
    We get a class leading EVF, then they are not capable of using it properly for improving manual focus accuracy. It is just mind boggling.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  4. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Now, Fuji, you need to give the Pro2 the ability to control ISO with one of the thumb wheels like the T2 and x100f.

5. alexmilesg3

alexmilesg3 FujiXspot Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Oakland County, Michigan
    Alex
    All firmware updated - and the AF accuracy on the 10-24 still sucks. Great.

6. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Bummer. Glad you posted that, however, as I've rented a 10-24 for the next week and will know better how to approach my compositions.

7. Henk

Henk New to FujiXspot

Aug 11, 2017
    Having the X-T20 and this lens for a few months now I thought the out-of-focus images was user error..
    Side-stepping from m4/3 the Fuji adventure has been a little disappointing so far. I'll give it a year and then see what I'll decide.