New from outside Boston, MA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by davidzvi, May 8, 2014.

1. davidzvi

davidzvi FujiXspot Regular

Apr 24, 2014
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Hello all. A little background:

I do shoot professionally Nikon FX gear, mainly I shoot Bar/Bat Mitzvahs.

Looking / considering a change from m4/3 to Fuji or maybe a serious compact for my fun and travel gear

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hi and welcome :)

3. Mikey

Mikey FujiXspot Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Welcome! Hope you'll make the switch -- sounds like the X-T1 will suit you nicely.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Glad you found your way here, David! So many choices.:biggrin_old:

5. davidzvi

Apr 24, 2014
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Well that's part of the problem (the X-T1). But that will be the subject of a much longer post.;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    If you want to try one, come to cambridge and say hi. I have the 14, 27, 35, and 56.

7. davidzvi

Apr 24, 2014
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Which body? The 27mm would be a must if I make the switch. Right now I have the 14mm m4/3 glued most of the time to my GX1, size being the one of the keys.

8. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Sorry, just saw this. X-T1. (I also have an X100, but that's not what you're looking at, I guess.)

9. WT21

WT21 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Hey David, I'm not a regular over here, but I have to say I'm enjoying the XE1 w/18-55 that I got from Luke. It's not the fastest focusing thing, but the controls are delightful and the output is very good, but I'm a non-pro, and I'm tired of post production, so I find the Fuji's metering and colors combined with an outstanding kit lens to be very close to what I could get out of my Canon 6D, and better than what I got from m43. The only thing I miss is fast focus and maybe a few more affordable lens choices.

• Like Like x 1
  10. davidzvi

Apr 24, 2014
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Hello WT21, a familiar face ( ? ). Are you completely shifted over from m4/3? It's been a little while since I posted in any of your threads over that but I seem to remember reading a lot of the stuff you posted. And don't think pros like to post process, we REALLY don't. I have about 5k images I'm working on now. :(

I'm looking at replacing the GX1 with an E-P5 or the whole m4/3 kit with one based on the X-M1/X-A1. GX1 + LVF-2 with Pan 14mm/14-140/Oly 14-42 is what I have and I like the combo. Small light prime, general small zoom, and travel zoom (though a 24-120 FX eq would be better). So I guess I could start with the 16-50 and 50-230 deal this month and add the 27mm. Then maybe upgrade the 50-230 for the 18-135 when it comes out. I just about have the cash to trade the GX1 + Viewfinder for the E-P5. I'll have to sell the others to go for the Fuji kit, though they should not be too hard to sell.

I'd love your thoughs on the differences. This is a sample of the stuff I shoot with the m4/3 system: m4/3 sample stuff

11. WT21

WT21 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Hi David,

Yeah, I left m43 altogether. I've got an XE1, NEX6 and an RX100.

I like the Fuji color and controls. It's a fun camera to shoot.

I miss the m43 size and lens choices, but I just never got comfortable with the OOC colors and saturation. It might all just be personal, but I find the Fuji and NEX6 more to my liking. I shot an event recently with the Fuji and NEX6. It's an event I shot last year with a Canon 6D. Though the AF was far more finicky, the output was strikingly similar to the Canon 6D. I never felt that way with my m43 gear.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    Hi David, welcome!

Also from just outside Boston, and I have my feet firmly planted on both sides (m43 and Fuji). :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1