New to Fuji

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by VinVin, Feb 9, 2015.

1. VinVin

VinVin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    GTA Canada
    Kevin
    Hi everyone,

I'm hopping over from the m4/3 forum. Same username. I've been enjoying this hobby for almost the last ten years and started off with a Nikon D80 for Digital and an FM10 for film. Once the E-P1 came out I went to that, then later upgraded to an E-P3 and I have been using m4/3 since then. Ever since the x100 was released I have always wanted to try it out since my favorite focal length is and always has been 35mm. I could never really justify it with myself because:

#1 I have enough gear as it is (I'm a hoarder, I don't sell my things)
    #2 although I love the 35mm focal length I was never sure whether I could carry a camera with only one focal length for me to use
    #3 I always believe that one should be an intelligent consumer and to be honest I had my doubts about getting yet another camera.
    #4 I normally save around three to four times the cost of something I want before I allow myself to buy it and by the time the money is saved I have a hard time parting with it

When the T came out I decided it was time to make the jump. I wasn't sure if I should get the x100s at the lowering prices or get the x100t because of all the new features. I'm proud to say however that my girlfriend, finding me annoying as hell trying to rationalize which camera to get, ended up surprising me with a message telling me that the x100t is my early valentines day present and that it was coming in the mail for me since she ordered it online.

Sadly, as it is always the case, someone always has to rain on my parade and I was accused of just wanting to announce to the world that I'm getting gear on my post in the m4/3 forum when ultimately the thread was started so that I could get input as to which of the iterations of the x100 I should get. I know I shouldn't let haters get to me but ultimately it did, and there will forever be a black spot on this beautiful moment.

Anyways, that's a little bit about where I stand. I'm happy to start here at another of Amin's Forums, mostly they have been wonderful places for me to share my happiness in terms of gear acquirement as well as an amazing place for me to learn from the wealth of experience from other users. As with everything, always hoping to improve and to learn. I will forever be a student.

-Kevin

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Kevin, first and foremost, you are most welcome here. You will find it a tad quieter than some of Amin's other forums, but good and friendly for all that, with genuinely helpful people. Feel free to enthuse, share, ask, post images, or just hang out :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Kevin,

Welcome! I contributed to your thread over on m43 and I agree with you - I'm not sure why it went in the direction that it did. Perhaps its just that its an m43 community primarily and you were discussing Fuji and Leica and someone took offense to that. I'm glad to hear you're happy with the T and look forward to seeing your images over here!

• Like Like x 1
  4. VinVin

VinVin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    GTA Canada
    Kevin
    Thanks Lightmancer and ean10775! As soon as i have time i will post some pictures!

5. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
    I too started out with E P1 then 2 and 3, PL and even EPM, plus many lenses.
    18 months ago I bought a preowned X100 and was hooked.
    Luckily, my local dealer gives generous trade allowances.
    Looking forward to seeing some pics.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    The T is (of course) the best-realized version of the X100 concept yet. It's still got quirks, but if you embrace what it does well and roll with it, you won't want to put it down. The people who don't wind up liking it often wish it were a different kind of camera. In other cases, there's just some haptic thing wrong with it, for their needs, and it's a deal-breaker. Get out there and shoot a ton, ask questions here, and post pics. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. VinVin

VinVin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    GTA Canada
    Kevin
    Thanks KillRamsey! Don't worry, I will be asking a lot of questions. I'm innately inquisitive haha. I want to post some pictures but probably gonna be later on as I still have 5 years worth of images to sort through and then upload before I start importing pictures from the X100 to my computer haha! I really need to work on not procrastinating!