Philly Rocks!!

There's a big chuck of the USA's history there, that's for sure - plus the smaller (to Manhattan) nature of the downtown area is, I think a big help. But what do I know, I'm a New Yawker....well, sort of. I'm not a city dweller.;)

Perhaps sometime will do a Philly Meet!:D

BB, I'll have you know Philly is much larger than Manhatten.
Youse have I think 5 boroughs, we just have Philly.
We doin' need no stupid boroughs in Philly.

We gotz da best cheese steaks in the world, we gotz the best soft pretzels in da world....
You gotz dem stupid chestnuts roasting on an open fire....
Gimme a break.....

We also got Cliff Lee. Feel free to remind any Yankee fans you happen to know of that. And they came here for less money because he and his wife loved Philly (the city that loves you back!). And evidently they weren't so crazy about the Apple. I personally love NYC, but an awful lot of New Yawkers put down lowly little Philly, so I don't mind sticking it in their eye from time to time, when the opportunity presents itself.

-Ray

I'm sure that if I were to want to live in a city and could afford a nice place, I'd prefer your City of Brotherly Love. NY has many plusses and many minuses - the costs are outrageous for most people, unless you want to live in a closet and walk up 3 flights. ;)

I have the utmost admiration for Philadelphia. One summer I visited a few times and I remember a really nice park in a sort of historic, interesting area...it seemed to be small and friendly.

Back