Micro 4/3 Panasonic 100 - 300 - anyone know of best deal in UK

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
the "birding" lens is still nagging me

anyone know where I can get the best deal on a Panasonic 100 300mm in the UK - £390 seems to be the best I've seen so far, (reputable seller but I suspect it's probably grey market which does not really bother me)

so I reckon the next best thing is a 100 300mm on my G1 and I'll keep using my Nikon 70 300mm VR as I've decided against longer DSLR zooms so I will wait until I can find a 400mm Nikon prime used on EBay.

or a good used one for a reasonable price - not too worried about the odd cosmetic mark on the barrel or hood as long as the glass is clean and mark and dust free.

Good luck with the search.
Not many used ones around.
I guess that it's the kind of lens you think about before buying and once you've got it there's nothing else to compare.
I paid about £450 at Jacobs in Manchester last year although I felt I was gambling a bit because I wasn't a fan of the 45-200mm and the sample shots I'd seen hadn't blown me away.

In the event the lens is a cracker when paired to my G3 and to have 600mm equivalent in such a small size capable of fast action shots means that I can finally retire my DSLR.
I've not tried the lens with my G1 but it should be perfect for birds.

Back