Newbie Question RE: EVF and magnification

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by Photoamor, May 31, 2014.

1. Photoamor

Photoamor New to FujiXspot

May 31, 2014
    Hi Everyone,

My names Andrew. Just getting to grips with the XPRO 1 and XM-1(my back up body) after leaving Canon's FF kit. Am a pro here in England. Slowly getting to grips with the XPRO 1 but wanted to ask a question. I have found that when the camera is writing to card and I continue to SHOOT, in MF mode I cannot magnify (or focus check as Fuji calls it I think) the focus box in EVF mode until the write to card flashing has ended. I can shoot no problems. I just cannot magnify the live view. I am running the latest firmware etc for all my lenses and the body.

I notice that the XM-1 CAN do this. It will allow for the focus box to be magnified as it is writing to card. A slightly later gen body and guts I am guessing.

Also I cannot seem to move the focus box in MF mode. So any magnification is stuck in the middle (unlike in Liveview on the Canons)

I have searched a lot on the internet and cannot find an answer. So hopefully you guys and gals can help me over the coming months as I get to grips with this camera

Thanks

Andrew