Newbie X10-er

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by DH59, Feb 10, 2013.

1. DH59

DH59 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Hi,

I recently purchased an X10, as I was looking for a compact camera that could give me something more than point-and-shoot auto-everything. I was going to stick with Canon (I have the 40D, and prior to that the 10D and, at various times, a G3 and A95) and go for the G1X, but decided to get the cheaper X10 for now. I am slowly getting used to the different menus and the 'compactness' of it. I have tried various settings, all with very decent results. I think this will be my only camera on my next holiday, rather than carrying the weight of the dSLR, and avoiding all the hassle involved with flight luggage allowances.

Good to find a forum dedicated to this camera, and looking forward to learning lots from all of you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nianys

nianys FujiXspot Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    France
    Claire
    Welcome to you :) Like you I've used DSLRs for the past 12 years and many other mirrorless, but I can tell you that the X10, that I acquired only recently, is the sole and only camera I'm taking on trips from now on. It's good enough to leave the other bodies behind. I bet the X20 is gonna be pretty sweet to, but as of now I don't see any compelling reason to "upgrade". My X10 just did beautifully in the French Alps, and I'm sure it will shine again in Venice in March.

49d7b7c078f71f9f0b0916b58e9be822_f4d.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DH59

DH59 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Yes, I'm off to Spain in May, and after lugging the Canon kit around for two weeks in Cyprus in the heat of last July, that is not something I wish to repeat! I have only had this camera a few weeks, but I think we are going to get on well together!! :) I will post some images soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Diane, welcome and please do share some of your photographs. There's something special about these Fuji X cameras and you're so right about the size of the X10, as well as its abilities.

Great shot nianys!