Nightscape - London with X=E1

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by petach, Feb 24, 2013.

1. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Spectacular, Pete. Just superb, and that last is beautifully striking.

This is your thread, show these at their "large" size!

How are you liking the X-E1 compared to say the Ricoh?

2. melonbread

melonbread FujiXspot Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Melbourne
    Beautiful shots!
    On a slightly random note, I love the way you've posted the 3rd and 4th pictures, it kind of looks like I'm panning up in the image - if that makes sense!

Look forward to seeing more :)

3. deanmessenger

deanmessenger FujiXspot Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Surrey UK
    Dean Messenger
    cracking shots... number 4 looking from waterloo bridge , has something odd going on in the sky on the right hand side, look close and you get a set or twin light trails ( very faint dashes ) curling up from the bridge then around to the right edge of the image... looks like you caught something in flight..though not sure exactly what

4. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Pete,

There are some great images here and the more I see of XE-1 results the more impressed I am with the camera - I can only assume you must be very pleased with it's performance and output?

5. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Looking good Pete. London Eye is my fav.

Gary

6. petach

petach FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Thanks guys....it was freezing on the bridge with the cold whipping in off the river.

7. petach

Feb 16, 2013
    cheers....the dashes are from an aircraft taking off from London City Airport. Thanks for the settings....will try them out.

8. petach

Feb 16, 2013
    thanks for this....I haven't touched the 5d until last night. Speaks volumes.

9. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
    Beautiful, beautiful shots. This thread gets more magnificent every time I open it!

10. petach

Feb 16, 2013
    Thanks Carl. Ricoh v Fuji? Chalk v Cheese. Didn't get on with the GXR M Mount at all. Both have their strengths of course, but 4 stop IS on the Fuji is the decider for me.

11. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Wow! Pete, I'm in a place right now in which I have limited access to the Internet... I go away for a few days and then - BAM!!!

Can't wait to have the opportunity to look at all of these more closely. Right now I'll just say :bravo-009::yahoo:

12. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    +1!

13. petach

Feb 16, 2013
    Thanks again guys annd gals. Much appreciated.

14. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Central-ish NJ
    Ed
    Great photos, Pete. Love "Eye, Eye, Strike a Light" and the cityscape with St. Paul's more prominent.

15. pniev

pniev Guest

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! It must have been a spectacular view. But I am glad it's wasn't me standing in the freezing cold ;-)
    Peter