Nikkor AI-s on my Fuji XP1?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by crashwins, Oct 1, 2013.

1. crashwins

crashwins FujiXspot Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    Anyone have any experience with this? I have a 50mm f1.2 and a 105 f2.8 (both AI-s), which would give pretty sweet equivalent focal lengths. These behaved sort of badly on my Canon full-frames, but I'm eager to hear how they were on the XP1. Thanks!

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    On my XE1 I've had good results with AIS and AF-D mount lenses ranging from 28 to 200mm fl, including some Leitaxed Leica R glass. I particularly like the old Nikon E-series lenses - they are lightweight but still well-made and turn in a good performance. The 105mm in particular is a favourite. Have a look at my Ipernity albums, particularly Portsmouth, and I also did an unscientific mega test of legacy glass - there's an album for that too.

Sent from another Galaxy

3. AlbertInFrance

AlbertInFrance FujiXspot Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    Morbihan, France
    My Nikkor 105mm f:2.5 is probably my favourite lens, even over the Fujinons

DSCF6546_Resize_zpsb0a0006d.

View attachment 16145

4. crashwins

crashwins FujiXspot Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    That's what I got! :) I meant f2.5.

Any recommendations on an adaptor? I like to use quality ones. My Novoflex with my Canon is excellent. Kipon makes one, correct? Thanks!

5. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Novoflex for me, to convert Nikon to Leica M, then the Fuji adaptor. I have a Kipon one for Olympus and it isn't as good.

6. rdelbar

rdelbar New to FujiXspot

Aug 15, 2013
    near Antwerp, Belgium
    You can read about my experiences with adapters for Nikon lenses on Fuji X cameras in this series of blog posts.

• Like Like x 2
  7. AlbertInFrance

AlbertInFrance FujiXspot Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    Morbihan, France
    Sorry. Mine is a no-name (probably Rainbow Imaging) cheapie bought via Amazon.