NYC: 12 Minutes on the 7 Train

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by the sardonic iconic, Mar 8, 2013.

1. the sardonic iconic

the sardonic iconic FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    NYC
    I was on my way from a client meeting in the city to hang out with some friends in Queens. I've always loved the view from the 7 train as it emerges from the East River and flies above Long Island City and Woodside. I can't remember the last time I shot anything on my X10 that wasn't a portrait, and street photography isn't something I do much of, so I thought I'd take advantage of (short) subway ride.

View attachment 10582
    View attachment 10583
    View attachment 10584
    View attachment 10585
    View attachment 10586
    View attachment 10587
    View attachment 10588
    View attachment 10589

• Like Like x 7
  2. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
    Very Cool!

3. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Central-ish NJ
    Ed
    Thanks fro sharing these. I like #2 and the very impressionistic second to the last shot.

4. photogfollett

photogfollett FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    San Carlos, California
    John
    I love the concept, I've done the same on our S.F. BART....

5. pniev

pniev Guest

Very nice! It brings back memories of the many train rides in the city!

6. tazmac

tazmac FujiXspot Regular

Mar 6, 2013
    I still miss NY! Nice series! Thanks for sharing!

7. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
    Great perspectives and views of NYC. These shots have your signature soft but edgy urban fashion touch applied to them, it seems. A familiar look and feel with a totally different subject. The only ones that feel slightly different are 1 & 2 (train interior and vibrant graffiti), probably because the starting color palette is not drawn from your usual set of muted hues and softer tones. These are really nice to look at, I hope you keep on shooting like this in between portrait sessions. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. joeradza

joeradza FujiXspot Regular

Feb 22, 2013
    I ride the 7 frequently. Beautiful images, but how did you find a clean window? lol

Joe

9. dparadinha

dparadinha New to FujiXspot

Feb 10, 2013
    nice images sardonic...
    i too like when trains go up and down... underground and then suddenly there's light, nature, city, a world to look at...
    btw, my favorite is the photo below silvercup sign, because well it's not a pretty photo, but it has a strong sense of distance/space... the view stretches from the window till the skyscapers, along a road which (luckily) had a truck passing by, and the rest of the photo is full of information too - a giant ad (reisstudios), colored curtains, several types of buildings, inscriptions in the train window, the winter, only one person walking, etc
    this is street photography, not fashion but also very interesting

• Like Like x 1
  10. the sardonic iconic

the sardonic iconic FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    NYC
    A clean window on a WORKING 7 train. I should have played the lotto yesterday. ;)

11. joeradza

joeradza FujiXspot Regular

Feb 22, 2013
    No one's that lucky. BTW just west of the 33rd Street station is a great vantage point that puts the Empire State Bldg. and the Chrysler Bldg. on either side of the glass Citi Bldg. Unfortunately, I never found your clean window and won't chance riding between the cars. I've even tried cleaning a window before getting on, but I only have a few good shots.

Joe

12. neiladam99

neiladam99 New to FujiXspot

Mar 12, 2013
    Denver
    Great shots!

• Like Like x 1