Featured Off grid

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Phoenix, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    I decided to go hiking and camping for a week around the Franklin-Gordon national park in Tasmania 2 months ago. While camping and enjoying the great outdoors is a popular past time in Tasmania almost everyone I know reckons I'm a complete lunatic for doing so for a couple of reasons
    1. Camping season is just starting as the weather is just starting to warm up.
    2. Since I am camping out of season, I will be on my own and completely alone in the wilderness for a week.
    3. It is about a 1-2 drive to get any phone signal and The closest town is about a 2-3 hours drive.

I'm not an adrenaline junkie or a hardcore bushman, I do not have a death wish and I am not suicidal (well only in the mornings), but always wanted to camp around Tasmania and a series of events presented me with the opportunity to do so, so I decided to go for it.

I just got around looking at the photos from my camera. I didn't get to take any shots from my camp site as it rained all the time, and there's nothing much to shoot around the campsite other than trees, bush, and more trees. I also found that I didn't have a lot of time, chop wood - drag to camp - do something about food - evening - sleep. Night time always came fast.

I just took some photos of Lavender farm, some photos along the Huon river and on top of Mount Wellington in Hobart.

24686660068_de48c75bf5_h.

37671018865_56b83f8dfd_h.

37842100644_418f1b18a8_h.

38558794351_26d13ab4c2_h.

38502500936_057592dc04_h.

26782885939_bb35fef3b5_h.

38558830251_26c03d6abe_h.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wow Wow x 2
  2. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Excellent photos and a great adventure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Those are beautiful, and you're not crazy for going. Quiet time is a great reset button. See any wildlife?

4. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Featured, and richly deserved, as much for the inspiring adventure as the excellent and evocative images. Bravo!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lensflare

Lensflare FujiXspot Regular

Aug 6, 2017
    I bet that lavendar farm is good in full bloom too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Phoenix

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Thank you very much folks, I really appreciate it :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phoenix

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    I enjoy camping with my friends, but I will admit I also really did enjoy camping on my own and I am looking forward doing it again.

Got to see a few wildlife;

There was a few Wallabies (mini Kangaroos) in the bush.

I accidentally stepped on a snake underneath the floor of my tent which darted away, I can only assume it was a Taipan / Brown snake as they're quite common in the area, I ended up jumping inside my tent and landing on my bum.

There was a wombat that did not have the slightest care in the world, I saw the little guy or big guy I should say walking about near midnight, I tried to offer it some nuts and fruits but it just went on it's business and didn't look at me, I saw it again around dawn going the other way, I am assuming it just finished the evening shift.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lazydog1

Lazydog1 FujiXspot Regular

Dec 22, 2015
    David Lazzarich
    Looks like a week well spent! Love the pics of the river and forest.