'Account Suspended' Fiasco - Apology and Explanation

Amin

Hall of Famer
Sorry to everyone who was trying to access this site and got that awful "Account Suspended" message.

The site was performing poorly recently, and I asked our host to put us on a better server/plan. They were supposed to schedule a time with me so I could give notice to members for downtime, but instead they jumped the gun and just started the process.

Making matters worse, they put up that awful "Account Suspended" message. I can't tell you how many emails Don, BB, and I replied to (thanks Don & BB!), many coming from members who thought they had been banned or hacked.

Again, I apologize for this mess and hope we at least get better performance as a result of the upgrade!

Amin

Funny thing is, it happend just after I posted something. I thought, surely, no one had time to read that post and think it was offensive! After trying again, I saw how the site was reacting and the layout of the suspended screen, and I knew it had to be a host/site issue. I actually got some work done today, lol.

Thanks Amin.

For some reason I can get back onto both sites (and post) with my iPhone, but not on my Mac, using the identical URLs. I'm still getting an "upgrade in progress" message on a white page on both. I've emptied my cache and stuff too. Any thoughts?

-Ray

Funny thing is, it happend just after I posted something. I thought, surely, no one had time to read that post and think it was offensive! After trying again, I saw how the site was reacting and the layout of the suspended screen, and I knew it had to be a host/site issue. I actually got some work done today, lol.

Thanks Amin.

At least 4 or 5 members emailed me thinking they had been banned because of a recent post!

I can access both sites from my Verizon tablet and T-Mobile phone but neither from my home computer.

I too got the suspended message and realised it could be a hosting problem. Anyhow, thank you for putting in so much of your energy and resources into this fabulous platform, it is deeply appreciated. The outage made me 'miss' Serious Compacts and that's a good thing :)

Anyone having problems with the formatting buttons for new posts with Chrome? I've just discovered that none of them are working for me though they are working fine on other browsers. Not sure if this is related to the changes at the host or a Chrome issue.

Olli, I was having some issues similar to that. I think it still has to do with some type of caching issue and will work itself out with time...

Herman, we won't win any speed awards (unless we get bought by Amazon or AOL :D), but I'm seeing a big improvement now compared to a few days ago.

Back