PC users: Tiffen Dfx with X-E1/XPro Raw support - How best to compare to OOC jpeg?

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by carlb, Apr 22, 2013.

1. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    For those using PCs, Tiffen Dfx now supports the Fuji X-E1 and X-Pro raw file format. I use Tiffen extensively for post-process, so I'd like to post a good set of comparison pics for in camera jpeg versus Tiffen converted raw.

I've set up my X-E1 to shoot jpegs as Velvia with the least noise reduction. I've set it to also capture the raw file too. I shot a bit in the evening transition toward dusk over the weekend.

What do folks usually want for comparisons of the in-camera jpegs versus the raw files converted to tiff or jpeg? (The tiffs are exceptionally large, I may not be able to post them).

For the raw shooters - do you usually convert to jpeg for printing and/or posting?

I'm also looking for insights here, I'm finding raw to be a bit of a pain - large file sizes, dull/flat initial look requires lots of post to get my desired look. Compare that to Fuji X-E1 jpegs which are often AOK right out of the camera. Why do folks find it worth shooting in raw, given how good the Fuji X-E1/X-Pro1 jpegs are?

Thanks!