Peak Design Everyday Sling

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by AndyMcD, Feb 4, 2018.

1. AndyMcD

AndyMcD FujiXspot Regular

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    Anyone using one of these for their Fuji kit? I'm considering the 10L version. I'm worried it looks bulky, but I like the look of the dividers and the tripod straps.

Max kit I would be looking to take is either:

X-T1 (probably gripped) with 16/1.4 mounted. Samyang12/2, Fuji 35/1.4 and Fuji 50-230 plus Cokin P sized filters and holder.

X-T1 (probably gripped) with 16/1.4 mounted. Fuji 35/1.4 and Fuji 50-230 plus Godox V685 flash and roguebender soft box.

If I don't go for this one then I think I'd fall back to getting another Domke: F2, F6 or F3x (I think F5XB would be too small).

2. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    I had one for a couple of months. It is a great, well thought out bag. But ultimately I did not love it. For a sling bag, I love the Think Tank Turnstyle 10 for a small sling. Camera with lens attached and a second lens. Plus extra batteries, etc. For carrying more gear I love the Incase DSLR sling. Camera with lens attached, 2-3 more lenses. Or 2 lenses and second body. Plus batteries and everything needed for an event, travel, etc. The Incase also has straps for a tripod.

3. AndyMcD

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    Thanks @BobbyT@BobbyT - was there anything in particular you didn't like about the Peak Design?

The Incase looks interesting, but doesn't look like it is too readily available right now (here in the UK).

4. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    I never liked actually working/shooting out of it. Tje bag I use are better layed out for how I work. And it wasn't as comfortable to wear as other slings. Another big thing for my personal preference is that the peak design does not have a clasp on the strap for quick release to take off the sling. That's a much easier way to take the sling off, especially with a tripod attached.

5. AndyMcD

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    I bought the Everyday Sling in the end - got an open box one at a pretty good price. I reversed the strap first, to get the slide attachment to the front when having the strap on my right shoulder. So far, I am pleased with it.

• Like Like x 1