Fuji Obvious Mistakes and their solutions - Camera doesn't work after charging battery

jonoslack

Veteran
Having spent a furious half hour last night thinking the camera was broken after charging the battery, I thought it might be useful to have a thread for the old and infirm amongst us to exchange our cock ups . . . .

So off I go

I charged the battery, and, as it's curved on one side, I simply assumed that it would only go in one way around . . . . . . . I was wrong. You can put the battery in with the connections on the wrong side, in which case, unsurprisingly, the camera doesn't work!
:dash2:

all the best

Fortunately, Jono, I didn't suffer that one because, I believe it was Ray, who posted in one of his earlier threads and mentioned this issue. I am so glad you fessed up and started this thread because now we'll have an easy access repository to help everyone else.:D

When I opened the little plastic bag that the charger came in, the plastic piece at the end of where the battery is supposed to sit had flown off! And it took me a few panic stricken moments and the help of my "better half" to click it back into place. I really need a sweating bullets smiley here.:redface: I'm not normally the panicky sort, but with expensive technical sorts of things, I do get a bit nervous.

It's got a sense of humor for sure.
I got 2 batteries and a charger with a car adapter on eBay for $11.95 USD.
Works fine and the charger is much faster than the OEM.
70 min from dead to full.

Many years ago in my teenage days I took the train up to london to spend my first months holiday job pay an a new Cambridge integrated amplifier (way off topic I know). I got home after a four hour round trip only to discover that the damn thing wouldn't turn on. With the energy and impatience of youth I went straight back up to London again to complain in outrages terms to the shop assistant. He looked at me with a knowing, disdainful expression, plugged in the amp, proceeded to turn it on with the mains switch on the back (oops!) as well as the stand by button on the front. Neither of us said a word whilst I put it back in the box and headed home with a very red face :(
I still sweat a bit even now thinking about it!

Having spent a furious half hour last night thinking the camera was broken after charging the battery, I thought it might be useful to have a thread for the old and infirm amongst us to exchange our cock ups . . . .

So off I go

I charged the battery, and, as it's curved on one side, I simply assumed that it would only go in one way around . . . . . . . I was wrong. You can put the battery in with the connections on the wrong side, in which case, unsurprisingly, the camera doesn't work!
:dash2:

all the best

And here I was thinking that I would never make this mistake...well, I just did!:rolleyes: How many times have I put that battery in correctly, but apparently this time I didn't... What made it all the weirder was that there I was taking maybe 4 pictures and suddenly my camera went dark!?!?!? I calmly freaked out...called Don.... Tried a few things...put in another battery... Finally, I searched the Internet...and found this thread! Thanks to you, Jono - I realized I must have put it in wrong and gotten off 4 shots with the camera's internal memory.:doh::redface: Most importantly, I don't have a broken camera...just a bad memory.;)

P.S. Janis - good advice!

Back