Q button question

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by ice_man, Oct 30, 2013.

1. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    Can we change the function of the Q button long press? I've searched the manual but it's pretty vague about the Q button...

Tapatalk.

2. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    Anyone?

Tapatalk.

3. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Sorry, I don't have a Fuji X with a Q button right now! Wait until next week, and I'll find out.

4. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    I haven't found it but I like the function as is because it allows me to quickly get access to predefined shooting conditions.

5. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    I don't think you can change it - only customisable button is the Fn button. Unless there is a hyper-secret or hyper-convoluted way to get around it that I can't see from the menu.

6. AlbertInFrance

AlbertInFrance FujiXspot Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    Morbihan, France
    As far as I can tell there is no way to change it. in fact it seems a pretty sensible default behaviour anyway, much better than all the menu diving to get at changing the custom settings.

7. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    It would be nice to able to customize the functions available on the Q menu screen.

8. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    Guys, the Q button's "short press" function is pretty awesome to get you to the most used settings for shooting. However, I was asking for the "long press" function.

In my case, the preset is turning on/off the LCD brightness to the max level. What does your "long press" on the Q button do?

9. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Gives me various shooting presets based on q-menu settings. Did you install the latest firmware upgrade? If so, I will look again what is customizable and what's not.
    Btw: i use the x-pro1

10. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    Can you explain what you mean by "gives you various shooting presets based on q menu settings"? I am trying to figure this out but can't... :(

Tapatalk.

11. juangrande

juangrande FujiXspot Regular

Mine goes to the " edit/save custom settings" menu, where you actually change c1,c2, etc. This is the default, I think, as it is like this on both of my xe-1's. So, it would appear to be changeable.

12. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    Thank you! This is exactly what I am talking about. Maybe firmware? I am running on the latest 1.03. This just means that it can be changed. However, no one seems to know how to do it. :)

btw, a symbol appears on my lcd (when holding down the Q button/ long press). It represents the bright daylight screen mode, hold it down and the screen goes to bright or day mode.

13. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013

Found the answer from here: http://fredrikaverpil.tumblr.com/post/44849668414

1.) Press and hold Q results in increased brightness of LCD. Great for shooting and reviewing shots outdoors in bright light.

2.) Press and hold Q when inside the Q menu brings you directly to the custom profiles setup. Then make the changes and exit with the DISP BACK button to save the custom profile settings.

• Like Like x 1
  14. juangrande

juangrande FujiXspot Regular

The latest firmware on the xe-1 is 2.0.

15. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    Oh sorry for the confusion guys.. Q button for the X100S. :)

Tapatalk.

16. AlbertInFrance

AlbertInFrance FujiXspot Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    Morbihan, France
    On my X-E1 a long press on the Q button brings up the list of custom presets (CUSTOM 1...) allowing you to select and edit any of them. It is equivalent to selecting camera menu 3 item, 'EDIT/SAVE CUSTOM SETTING'.

I'll try to find ways to change this default, but don't hold your breath.

Edit: In the X-E1 manual it says 'For quick access to custom settings banks, press and hold the Q button.'