Question on selling gear...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Shawn_G, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Shawn_G

Shawn_G FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Wine Country, CA
    I'm looking to sell some of my mu-43 gear to help pay for my first Fuji camera. I have no experience selling things online and am looking for some help as to where I should start?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Honestly I would look to the mu43 forum, specifically the Marketplace forum. There is a very nice template that helps in preparing your listing. You can also search that forum for products similar to yours to get an idea as to how much to list yours for.

3. Shawn_G

Shawn_G FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Wine Country, CA
    I'm guessing that wherever I end up posting a listing, or listings, I'll need a Paypal account?

4. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
    I was surprised by the trade in allowance my local camera store gave me on my mu43 gear.
    If you have that option, it might be worth a try.

5. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Central-ish NJ
    Ed
    Agree; in the past year I have sold 3 Pen bodies, 4 or 5 lenses and my X-100 through a combination of the mu-43 and Serious Compacts marketplaces (Buy and Sell), in part to fund my move to X and upgrades to Pen kit. Suggest you read the very good advice on Buying and Selling from Amin and the admins before you list--key is to accept Paypal from Verified addresses only, and preferably to folks with feedback on either forum (or other reputable ones).

6. Shawn_G

Shawn_G FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Wine Country, CA
    Thanks for all the help. There doesn't seem to be many brick and mortar stores within a reasonable distance for me, so I'm more likely to post on the forums suggested.

7. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    I have had good luck within the hobbyist forums like FredMirands and mu43. Be smart about who you are selling to, check references and even try to have a conversation on the phone. Over the years I have had zero problems and have sold thousands of dollars worth of stuff and bought likewise. Steer clear of eBay......

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
  9. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    sign up with Paypal and sell on Mu43.com. Be cautious, follow Paypal rules and undersell everyone by a few bucks to sell quickly. Be honest in your descriptions, pack well and use clear communications with your buyer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. zapatista

zapatista FujiXspot Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    Denver
    Mike
    Don't overlook amazon for selling stuff too. I tend to get better pricing and more eyeballs selleing there.