Invitation: Pinhole photography

pdh

Legend
Like quite a few m43 users, I responded to this news -- https://www.photographerslounge.org...de-angle-pinhole-photography-micro-4-3-a-639/ -- by shelling out my $39.

When I returned from holiday this weekend, it was waiting for me ... I realise that this particular device is presently restricted to m43 users, but I'm willing to bet that there'll be a few users of other systems who have (or are willing to) knock something up from an old lens cap and a bit of tape ... here's some first shots from me, my E-P2, and my Pinwide ...

... do please join in ...

Ooo, congrats, pdh!!! I think I can feel Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester just outside the frame lines of both of these!

I like the pinhole touch very much, particularly with the downed daffodils and that lovely wrought iron fence...with the grass fringe behind it.(y)

There's always a danger this will be treated just as a novelty, but I reckon in with good light, a low ISO and some skilled PP work, images from the Pinwide could be very compelling .. in the right hands of course (hmmm ... where's Briar just now ... ?)

One of my own favorite pictures (taken by myself) was taken with my plastic Diana camera - a definite pinhole camera.

One person's novelty is another's calling.

Thanks Janis - I became aware of Skink when the Pinwide project first came to my attention and folk were comparing the offerings ... as I recall it was a little more pricey and some said a little less well-engineered ... but if it has a NEX version I would think Streetshooter might be jumping all over it ...

You are so correct. I looked at the skinky thingy but not excited about it.
The Pin Wide is nice. Hopefully a Nex version will come out and then ... Well something.
I am enjoying the images I see around the forums with it.

I know I can't post these images here but years ago I did a finished series of 12 nudes.
Sold really nice.....
Until later....I'll just watch youse work....

I like night-time available-light photography, but of course one has to be careful to select an appropriate aperture. In this case, I thought f/96 would do rather nicely.

5616796261_385b3befae_z.jpg

innocent by _loupe, on Flickr
E-P2, Pinwide, 1/5s, f/96, ISO3200

the E-P2 doesn't perform brilliantly at these sorts of ISO

Back