Recommendations for a travel tripod?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kaito, Jul 22, 2017.

1. kaito

kaito FujiXspot Regular

May 12, 2014
    Wiltshire UK
    Dave
    Hello all,

I thought I'd throw out a question to all about recommendations for a travel tripod?

I've been using an inexpensive Hama Traveller Compact Pro, weighs in at 1.4kgs, 55cms folded down and a respectable 163cms at full height. One of the leg fasteners is now broken and the tripod now slips down on that leg, although it's fine if I don't employ the lowest section of the legs. It's a ball and socket head, I'm not terribly keen on that feature.

So, any thoughts/experience of something similar?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    I have the Benro travel angel tripod (TRCB269), I think it has been superseded now. It weighs around 1.7 kgs, about 45cm folded, full height is 160cm, being carbon fibre it's nice and light and one of the cool things about it is one of the legs can be disconnected and and be used as a monopod, I also got the leg monopod base accessory if you want to just use the monopod but want more stability. Despite purchasing it 5 years ago, it still looks brand new, even with all the abuse I have put it through.

I bought it from a small camera shop in Japan back in 2012. It's not a well known brand, but it's really well made, I don't know how much they go for these days second hand as the model was discontinued, but for what I paid back then and for what it is, it was a steal.

If you can find it somewhere or don't mind second hand, it's a good tripod.

3. kaito

kaito FujiXspot Regular

May 12, 2014
    Wiltshire UK
    Dave
    Thanks for the tip Phoenix, I'll take a look at Benro gear.