Red Faces

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by Dave Jenkins, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Dave Jenkins

Dave Jenkins FujiXspot Regular

Jul 15, 2015
    Dave Jenkins
    A few weeks ago I photographed my first wedding with Fuji equipment, after using Canon for 24 years. Both the X-Pro 1 and the X-T20 gave me sharp, detailed files that mostly look better than the ones I was getting from my Canon 6D. The X-Pro RAF files were converted in Capture One, and the X-T20 files in Silkypix. I've been making final adjustments today in Photoshop.

One thing that struck me as I looked through the files is that some of the men's faces seem very red. Is this a known problem with Fuji files?

2. Bluebear

Bluebear FujiXspot Regular

Not that I'm aware of Dave, and I've been shooting Fuji X series for a few years now. Perhaps the men had all imbibed rather too much! Seriously, are the ladies faces not similarly affected? Are you able to post some examples?

3. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Actually, blown out/exaggerated reds is a known Canon characteristic. It's never been an issue on the Fuji sensors. Nikon sensors are known to blow out blues.

4. Dave Jenkins

Dave Jenkins FujiXspot Regular

Jul 15, 2015
    Dave Jenkins
    Never, ever experienced exaggerated reds in 14 years of Canon digital, shooting 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 5D, 60D, and 6D.

5. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Then consider yourself lucky. It's especially problematic shooting musicians.