Revisiting X-T1 Video (Firmware 3)

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by the sardonic iconic, Feb 2, 2015.

1. the sardonic iconic

the sardonic iconic FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    NYC
    X-T1 1080p 24fps ISO400
    https://flic.kr/p/qKiGpd

After filming a few personal projects on the X-T1 before Firmware 3, I came to the conclusion that the camera could be "coaxed" into providing reasonably acceptable footage for personal use and web use when maximum image quality isn't a concern. My main gripes were the complete lack of manual controls beyond aperture selection. Now that the updated X-T1 firmware has been out for over a month, I decided it was time to circle back and revisit it's usefulness as a video camera. I'm happy to report that with manually adjustable ISO and shutter speed, the X-T1 is a MUCH MUCH better camera for such applications. The image quality is still a far cry from class leading, but again, is perfectly acceptable for personal use and lightweight projects. My biggest problem is that the camera itself has a 2.5mm input jack for audio instead of a 3.5mm, and that the lowest selectable ISO for video is 400... forcing the use of smaller apertures or ND filters in bright scenes.

I'll be looking to update with a 60fps slow-mo test soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Interesting. Thanks for posting... I do shoot video sometimes, just not with much effort.