Rolling mist and forces of nature

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Iansky, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    I was out and about on Sunday as we had some mist, I wanted to capture the mist as it rolled up the hillside from the valley - a great display of nature.

Fuji X100s+50mm lens.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  2. drd1135

drd1135 FujiXspot Regular

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Well captured. I see that a great deal where I live but it's hard to find a safe place to stop and take a picture.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks,

It is a superb viewpoint that offers great views for miles with ever changing weather fronts rolling in and out.

4. roicead

roicead FujiXspot Rookie

Nov 30, 2014
    a gorgeous view for sure! i especially like the second, the layers of hills and fog do it for me.

5. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Beautiful captures, we have the mist but not the views!

6. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Lovely, Ian. How are you finding the converter?

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Yes, lovely - and I'm wondering about the converter, as well.

8. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

I am delighted with the converter, it is a superb addition and takes seconds to fit and use (just remember to have the current firmware and turn on the setting for the 50mm).

I have used this lens for some portraits as well and it renders superb images with no noticeable loss of quality, it is a very good investment for any X100 series users looking for a slightly longer lens, it is also well balanced and I think I paid around £160.00 for it at the time but see they are now around £200. still worth the investment though.

They are a lot smaller than images make you think and come in a nice soft bag with rear cap and a nice sturdy lens cap, I would like to get a lens shade for it as the front element is large and can be a tad prone to flair - still a great lens for the price!!