Saarbrücken - A German Town

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by fujidanny, Feb 18, 2013.

1. fujidanny

fujidanny FujiXspot Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    A town near to the french border, worth a visit. Nice people, a lot of street cafe's in the sun, good cooking, outside the town green forests.

Here some architectural pictures, sooc jpg's, some cropped:

DSCF0019.

DSCF0057.

DSCF0083.

DSCF0124.

Have fun watching them, C&C welcome.
    Have a good day,
    Fujidanny

• Like Like x 8
  2. pniev

pniev Guest

Very nice. I like the first one the best. Also curious how it looks with clear blue sky.
    Thanks for posting.
    Peter

3. fujidanny

Feb 11, 2013
    Thank You, Peter!
    I didn't took a color one and as i do only shot jpeg's, i have no blue sky one...
    Cheers,
    Fujidanny

4. Pav

Pav FujiXspot Regular

Mar 4, 2013
    Detroit
    Pavlos
    Thanks for this. I was in Saarlouis about ten years ago for a few months. Made it to Saarbrucken a couple times too. Brings back some memories.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fujidanny

Feb 11, 2013
    Hello Pav,
    there changed a lot, especially at the riverside. Did you like the town?
    Cheers,
    Fujidanny

6. Pav

Pav FujiXspot Regular

Mar 4, 2013
    Detroit
    Pavlos
    I loved it. I was working a lot, but had some really good times off the clock. I remember there was a really good Greek Gyro place and lots of great German beer everywhere else. I just really like Germany alltogether. I have lots of pics I took with some cheapo 35mm film camera that I really need to get around to digitizing.

Man, if I would have had an X10 back then!

7. BigTam

BigTam FujiXspot Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    • Like Like x 2
  8. fujidanny

Feb 11, 2013
    Thank You, BigTam!
    In fact I was born and live in Germany not far away from Saarbrücken.
    :th_salute: Fujidanny

9. fujidanny

Feb 11, 2013
    As allways, foreign people know much mire places in ones homeland, than you yourselve.
    You made a really good trip round the country
    :th_salute:

10. BigTam

BigTam FujiXspot Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Actually, I have lived in Germany since 1973! But I still love to travel here and document my journeys :)

11. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    I lived and worked as a Photojournalist for the US Government in West Berlin only leaving in 1991 approx 2 yrs after documenting the "Fall of the Wall" and many other exciting events over 11yrs including numerous Presidential visits, spy exchanges and incidents relating to the Cold War.

Great city with super people (2 Berliners are Godparents to our daughter) and another who is a senior Police Commissar is our unofficial adopted other daughter.

The architecture in Germany is superb with many old and very interesting buildings.

12. BigTam

BigTam FujiXspot Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Despite many of the larger towns being almost wholly destroyed in 1944-1945, there remain many, many beautiful cities, towns and villages to be seen. Thousands of years history; romanesque, gothic, baroque, rococo and neo-classical architecture; intimate village scenes; very varied cuisine, especially north vs. south; scenery from alpine majesty via vineyards and industrial monuments to the baltic and north sea: what can I say - it's worth visiting (and photographing!)