Saturday

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Gary, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Saturday started, as all recent Saturdays, with an early morning ride south to Rancho Santa Margarita, (arguably, the city with the longest name in the US), for my grandson's soccer game.

X100s for all images.

DSCF4235-XL.
    Claire, the granddaughter, all decked-out in soccer garb ready to root for her brother.

DSCF4238-XL.
    Luke, the grandson, wolfing down some energy prior to kick-off.

DSCF4245.
    We continued south to San Juan Capistrano for some breakfast. We started with a pomegranate mimosa and a pomegranate-orange mimosa. They were quite refreshing.

DSCF4240-X2.
    We walked along the old historic/touristry area of Capistrano, Los Rios, still recovering from Halloween.

DSCF4251.
    Los Rios

DSCF4254-X2.
    Los Rios

Then, for the heck-of-it, Mary Lou suggested that we continue south to an antique mall/area in Solana Beach, just north of San Diego.

DSCF4265.
    Solana Beach

DSCF4269.
    Cedro Street was full of those consignment antique warehouses and some bonafide (expensive) shops filled with antique and newly crafted wares.

DSCF4281.
    Then we stumbles across Steve Adams' shop.

DSCF4272-X2.
    Steve Adams travels through South-East Asia and collects hand crafted folk art.

DSCF4287.
    His shop is huge and if one didn't see the price tags, one felt as if they were in a museum.

DSCF4299-X2.
    And then there is the basement. Where all these handcrafted artifacts all piled up, a 3-D catalog of cultures and ages.

DSCF4319-X2.
    Piles and crates of wonderful stuff.

DSCF4320.
    Unlike a museum, you could touch and purchase the art.

Gary

• Like Like x 3
  2. bluzcity

bluzcity FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    Looks like a fun day. Nice set, my fav is the wine bottle on the tin wall.

3. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    Wow, wonderfully diverse and beautiful sequence and congrats again on the grandchild! Color and texture rendition are amazing, Gary. Love what you do with that above and beyond the fine composition and what not.

4. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Thanks Brent.

Gary

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    I am the expert on "What not".

Thanks John,
    Gary

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    I love the way you "reward" us with another keeper when we comment -- although, I feel a little like the trained dog who just received a treat, lol.

7. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    You would love this place.

=G=

DSCF4305.

A view of the basement.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Fabulously vibrant set Gary, like a mini travel break for me here in the rainy (of course!) UK :)

9. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Thank you. It seems that I am constantly harping on our weather in Southern California ... but, day-in and day-out, it is simply wonderful.

Gary

[​IMG]

10. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Great series indeed. Vibrant colours and interesting subjects. My favourite is the No Photography door. I wonder what's the story behind that!

11. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Thanks Peter. This area is frequented by pros using the rustic/historic area as backgrounds for family portraits, engagements, et cetera. I suspect that photogs probably setup their shot in the driveway, (reflectors, families, et al), blocking deliveries to the restaurant.

Gary

DSCF4301.

• Like Like x 1