Sent back the 10-24

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Tim Williams, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Tim Williams

Tim Williams Twilli53 Subscribing Member

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida, USA
    Tim Williams
    I have shot a lot of very early morning shots lately and am just having trouble nailing focus with the XT-1, 10-24 combo. This may be a lens problem or camera problem or a combination of both since the lens is a f4. I've thought long and hard on this and finally sent it back for a 16 1.4. I also have the 18-55 coming so I have that zoom range covered. During daylight hours the 10-24 was very sharp. I'll miss the zoom I know but honestly I didn't use 10-14 as much as I thought I would.

2. merlin

merlin FujiXspot Regular

May 25, 2017
    Northern New Mexico
    Merlin Emrys
    The 16mm f/1.4 is an outstanding lens in every regard. Sharp at all apertures, and focuses closely as well.

Hope you enjoy using it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. mikEm13

mikEm13 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    If it was your X-T1 Im sure you would have noticed it with another lens you have. Its sure possible you got a bad one did you try manual focus?

4. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida, USA
    Tim Williams
    I'm sure I will love it and should have bought it originally. Just had to give that ultra wide a go. If I get that ultra wide fever again I'll get a Roki 12.

5. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida, USA
    Tim Williams
    Yes on the manual focus and also a number of ways to sharpen in PP. Just never could pin it down and then the doubt sets in and I'm nervous. The 16 will be a great low light lens so I won't have that to gripe about

6. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    The 16mm 1.4 is an amazing lens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mikEm13

mikEm13 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    I agree with BobbyT the 16 is an amazing lens.