sEVF seems dark and eye senstivity not relilial

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Mainetraveler, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Mainetraveler

Mainetraveler New to FujiXspot

Feb 1, 2013
    Maine, USA
    I received my X100s a couple of days ago and took it out for the first time today (the weather has been lousy where I live). I think I am going to really enjoy this camera. The images are tack sharp and the camera is fun to use. I did notice a couple of things and am wondering if there is something I might do to correct them. In bright sunlight the EVF seems dark to the point that it is difficult to compose when previewing. Also the mechanism that switches from LCD to viewfinder when one puts their eye to the viewfinder was a bit unreliable. I am new to Fuji X series cameras so I might be missing something really simple. If anyone has any experience with these minor problems or advice it is much appreciated.

2. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    If you hold the Q button for a few seconds the camera will automatically boost the brightness of the LCD and EVF for better visibility in bright light. I haven't had any trouble with the eye sensor except for when I'm wearing glasses and trying to use the viewfinder at an awkward angle where I may not properly be blocking the light going to it.

3. Brendan

Brendan New to FujiXspot

Aug 25, 2014
    I didn't see much improvement using the q button holding.
    I adjust diopter and only wear glasses for viewing rear screen.
    Starting to strongly suspect faulty evf.

4. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    You can also adjust the EVF and the LCD from the menus. Hit Menu and scroll down you'll find it.