Share Trains - Depots - Trestles - Stations

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by carlb, Mar 2, 2013.

1. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    I haven't seen a dedicated picture thread for all things railways. So here's a place to feature your photos of locomotives, train cars, roundhouses, tunnels, depots, stations, tracks, trestles ...

2. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    • Like Like x 3
  3. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
  4. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
    Fascinating, the timing of things...

I just finished issue 1 of Railroad Semantics today, a self-published zine by Aaron Dactyl - a photographer and itinerant freight train hopper...

5. EBC Wilson

EBC Wilson FujiXspot Regular

Feb 20, 2013
    So in nearby Madison, Tennessee, the local Chamber of Commerce recently relocated and rebuilt the former Amqui, Tennessee, train station as a local landmark/meeting location. Amqui is one of those old locations along the long-passed passenger rail line that's been swallowed and erased by current-day Nashville. It was originally bought and moved the first time by Johnny Cash, to Hendersonville, Tennessee, as his 'House of Cash' Gift Shop, JC being a big-time railroad fan. After his passing, it came up for sale and was bought and relocated to Madison. Here it is:

DSCF2604. DSCF2621.

• Like Like x 3
  6. nippa

nippa FujiXspot Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    Leica X1
    Churnet Valley Railway

8524331622_c5bd1d7b90_b.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Greyelm

Greyelm FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    S.London, England
    Malcolm
    This was the shot that first showed I had the dreaded SAB. Fortunately the train detail survived. That was 18 months ago and the repaired lens unit is still fine.

X100train1.

• Like Like x 2
  8. EBC Wilson

EBC Wilson FujiXspot Regular

Feb 20, 2013
    OK, a trestle. Here's the CSX Bridge (over the Cumberland River in Nashville) that turns into a trestle to reach the level ground out of frame to the left. One very early summer morning on the motorcycle ride, I pulled over here hoping to catch him, and sure enough, I heard the horn first, and he was coming from the right direction. X10, cropped 16:9 for wallpaper, corrected to not be real yellow from the early AM sunlight.

DSCF1867.