What happened to the old SeriousCompacts.com?

Amin

Hall of Famer
I have to apologize for letting the old Serious Compacts blog (now located here) fizzle out after nearly three years of activity. Some of the readers commented that my starting a Micro Four Thirds forum at www.mu-43.com was the reason for ignoring Serious Compacts, but this really wasn't the primary reason.

In 2009, my job in Baltimore was not going well, and I found a new job in Boston. Our family relocated, and since then I have been working harder than ever in order to do well at the new job. There just hasn't been time for blogging, and I have been unable to continue to maintain Serious Compacts.

Unlike Mu-43, which has been largely self-sustaining (through member-generated content), the Serious Compacts blog was a labor of love which relied upon consistent, steady blogging on my part. As readers of that site know, we tried to do various things there, including hands-on gear testing, coverage of news/rumor, opinion pieces, and highlighting photography being done with compacts.

My hope is that by re-launching Serious Compacts as a forum-centric site, we can pick up where we left off on the blog, making it more of a community-driven effort.

Thanks for checking out the new SeriousCompacts.com!

Amin

Back