Shutter release cable for x-pro1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by pniev, May 14, 2013.

1. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Does anyone has experience with shutter release cables or wireless solutions?

I am looking for a practical solution to be used with tripod and macro shots ( and perhaps street shots)

Thanks for your help,

Peter

2. AlbertInFrance

AlbertInFrance FujiXspot Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    Morbihan, France
    If you mean a traditional cable release (a bit like a long, flexible hypodermic !) you can buy them on line. If you mean an electric trigger of some sort then you'll need to buy or build something that 'pushes' the cable release for you. I've found instructions for building one from Lego (I kid not!)

The Gigabot Project

The lack of an electric remote on the X-Pro1 is one of the more stupid design decisions Fuji ever made.

3. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Thanks Albert! Interesting project too.

I was already afraid of having to look for a plunger-style threaded cable from the 1970s. pffff.

Peter

4. Peter Chin

Peter Chin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
  5. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
  6. AlbertInFrance

Feb 11, 2013
    Morbihan, France
    I've just watched the Pocket Wizard video. Looks like it might work with an X-E1, with its electric remote socket, but unfortunately not the X-Pro1.

Personally I have and use both the traditional cable release and the electric version. The old-style one has a press/release lock that makes it easy to shoot 'bulb' exposures longer than 30 seconds. The electric has a longer cable which can be handy sometimes.

7. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Flysurfer's/Rico's new xpert corner post at fujirumors answered all questions. So I purchased the mechanical cable release today. Back to the old days!
    Peter

8. Peter Chin

Feb 2, 2013
    Rico said you should use this:

8743649711_bf87f5f311_z.

9. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    No, it is my understanding that this one is for x-s1 and x-e1 not for the x-pro. The device connects via the rr-80 port.
    But I am sure Rico will have the conclusive answer!

10. AlbertInFrance

Feb 11, 2013
    Morbihan, France
    The one I use for my X-E1 has a similar control box but the cable ends in a jack plug, rather than a mini-USB.

There is no way to directly plug an electric remote into an X-Pro1.

11. Peter Chin

Feb 2, 2013
    My bad, didn't read the article properly, yes for the x100/s and XE-1 :popcorm2: