How do you keep up with rumors and news?

I rely on my friends here and at mu-43.com but sometimes when I'm obsessing I check 1001noisycameras.com and LeicaRumors. Mostly I rely on everyone to report in here or at mu-43.:D

I read some rumor sites, but not for information. I have much fun instead, because they predict physically impossible cameras or lenses and are about 100% certain, that their predictions are correct, since they have got the information from very reliable sources. They are nearly always totally wrong. The chatter of fanboys can be very entertaining when wishful thinking has got so strong that critical thinking vanishes completely (remember, for example, the prediction of a µ4/4 camera, which was assumed to be as small as an LX3 with an exceptional f/2.0 fixed zoom lens).

Most of the time I try not to keep up with rumours and only follow announcements (RSS reader subscribed to DPReview feed).

Only when I'm thinking to buy a new cam or lens, I hook into the rumours (then of course depending on the brand).

OK OK, I have to admit that from time-to-time I follow CanonRumors.com and 1001-noisy for the serious compact stuff.

Remko

Keeping up with the rumours is an absolute waste of time. Someone at Nikon has a 4 minute longer crap than usual and DPReview members are claiming a 6x6 sensor in a pocket camera..... Bit overdone maybe... but not much!

Each brand/format has one ore more rumor sites. I enjoy them for entertainment. As one interested in industrial design I enjoy seeing what form factors are coming up.

Though I get bugged when products get announced far ahead of production. Take for example the m4/3 Panasonic 14mm prime. Announced seemingly two years ago and still not available.

I visit CanonRumors.com, NikonRumors.com, DPreview.com forums, 43rumors.com and 1001noisycameras.com everyday during the announcement 'season' (Jan-Feb and Aug-Sep). Rumous and gossip add spice to life, it's good fun :yahoo:

:D I know darn well you're not alone Mayank!

Even though I'm not looking for another camera, I am interested to see and read about what certain camera companies are going to come out with this September. Maybe 99% of them won't really interest me, I'll still be ready to peruse certain ones.

Back