So this is where Xtogs is!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by BBW, Feb 8, 2013.

1. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Being rather out of the loop of late over on Serious Compacts, I had no idea what everyone was talking about re "Xtogs". Then I looked up at the newish banner and saw the X icon.:blush: Glad I found my way here and hope that in a few months I'll be more than an infrequent visitor. (In the process of renovating, refurbishing and moving.)

Still love my two Fujis and I lust after the XE-1.:drinks:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome, BB!

3. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Thanks, Amin. Now that we are in Nemo blizzard conditions...my thoughts are turning back to photographic discussions. I've been drooling over the X-E1 because it seems as though it would give me my X100 with the options for a variety of lenses... Not being an OVF sort, as long as the EVF is as good or better than the X100's... That said, I must hold off for a few months - and if I'm lucky the prices might come down just a bit.

This looks like a great (AKA dangerous) spot to fuel my camera lust, see some old pals and get to know some new ones.:friends:

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It's a sweet camera, BB. Prices are starting to come down as well. Really good to see you here!

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    I am glad to be here and really do look forward to getting back into Fuji photography as I have more time...been pretty much wedded to iPhone-o-graphy of late.

6. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Nice to see you here BB :friends:

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Thank you - but I'm already feeling my purse strings weaken....:026::friends:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Briar

Briar New to FujiXspot

Feb 4, 2013
    Scotland
    Karen
    Hi BB

I've been missing you, so glad to see you here. You make Amin's forums feel like home. xxx

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Where have you been??! :D

Sent from another Galaxy

• Like Like x 1
  10. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Aww, Karen - you're so kind to say that! Bill - where I have been is in betwixt and between. We bought an old farmhouse in another state (Connecticut) and have been working on it (read as "spending money" and putting in "sweat equity") while trying to get our current abode up to snuff to rent or sell down here, outside of NYC. Busy, busy... My pix have pretty much been all related to this new place and of late all I have made the time for is some Snapseeding of my iPhone-o-graphs. I must say that I think the Snapseed software is much better on the iPhone than it is on the Mac...and no, I still don't have an iPad - yet!

I've missed you all! :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    Fancy seeing you here BB :)

12. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
  13. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    For anyone who hasn't been following BB's iPhone shots on Flickr, you owe it to yourself. I'm the last one to get on anyone's case for gear lust (having a chronic and possibly terminal case of it myself), but the way BB is seeing with that damn cell phone camera should cause ANYone to re-examine their shooting and their gear and just say "screw it", whatever I have is waaaaay past good enough to make great art. Because she's doing it regularly on that little 4s...

-Ray

• Like Like x 3
  14. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Thank you, Ray - you're very kind, as always. One correction - mine is the pre Siri version, just the 4...not that it matters at all. I have to admit that I have been enjoying the freedom of the small in my backpocketness as well as the wonderful Snapseed ap AND Flickrstacker's upload via the 3G network.

15. bilzmale

bilzmale FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 3, 2013
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill
    Hi BB - glad you found this X-rated site.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    BB!!! nice to see you here !!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    I've come to the conclusion that iPhoneography is a skill. Despite having my first iPhone 5 this year, I have never been able to take a halfway decent picture with it so bravo to BB and all those who manage to get such great shots out of it. I'm impressed ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. snkenai

snkenai FujiXspot Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    Campbellsville, KY
    With BB "missing in action", it has not been right around SC. Kind of like when one of the kids left home. Too quite!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    On no..... BB found the secret hide-out. Time to set-up a new website again :tomato2:

• Like Like x 1
  20. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB