So.. XT2 or XH1?...

Discussion in 'Fuji X Series News and Rumors' started by Karl, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Karl

Karl FujiXspot Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    So yeah, I know it's still way way early, but with what the recent rumors are saying about the X-H1 I have to wonder what my next body should be? I had been set on waiting on a X-T2s for my next body (currently an X-T1), but now with the new rumored features, and size increase, and with the processor and sensor being the same (supposedly) and supposedly a focus on getting video features, it's seeming that the X-H1 will be aimed at a slightly different audience.

Sounding more and more like a X-T2 is in my future...

2. gordo

gordo FujiXspot Rookie

Jul 6, 2017
    Texas
    For me, I'll be looking forward to seeing and holding the X-H1 if it materializes. I love what Fuji is doing, but all of the existing APS-C cameras are too small for me to use as anything other than snapshot cameras. Trying to use previous and current APS-C bodies for extended periods of time is an exercise in pain. A new body with a larger handgrip, sized between the X-T lines and the GFX lines, may allow me to finally move to one system. Looking forward to the GFX R rumor as well.

3. Karl

Karl FujiXspot Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    That's fair, and the slightly larger size of the XT2 over the XT1, plus the better grip, was one of the reasons I was looking at the upgrade. (On the other hand, I'm still slowly selling off my Nikon gear, as the huge DSLRs attract too much attention these days, so smaller is better in that regard).

4. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Keep in mind that if the X-H1 is announced early next year, it probably won't be released until early summertime.

5. Karl

Karl FujiXspot Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    That's also very true. But just beginning to think that the now X-H1 isn't the camera I want to wait for (really don't care about video, or the new video lenses).

• Like Like x 1
  6. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Sounds like you have your answer already.

7. Karl

Karl FujiXspot Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    You may be right, if the latest rumors flesh out.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Covey22

Covey22 FujiXspot Veteran

May 21, 2015
    Armando J. Heredia
    Interestingly, of the rumored specification list compiled on FR, the discussion around the absence of a dedicated Exposure Comp dial seems to point to the H being definitely more of a video camera, rather than an optimized stills camera.

9. gordo

gordo FujiXspot Rookie

Jul 6, 2017
    Texas
    IMHO this control change is most likely to free up top-plate space for the new LCD panel, I wouldn't read too much into it. The lack of a dedicated exposure comp dial may be a departure for Fuji, but many early DSLRs with no video capability controlled exposure comp via button and command dial.

10. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I started off depending on it (exp comp dial), and now I haven't used mine in a year or two.

• Agree Agree x 1