Some of the first images taken with my Fuji X-Pro1

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Stephen S, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Stephen S

Stephen S FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    East Bay, Northern California
    Stephen Scharf
    Hi Gang,
    Just joined today and posted an introduction in the Intros and Welcome forum. I just found this forum today.

I've had my X-Pro1 since November 2012, and it has completely revitalized and refreshed my love for photography.

Here's some of the first shots I took with my XP1 after getting it in late 2012:

Napa Valley area in fall color
    Napa%20Valley-4.

Napa%20Valley-5.

San Francisco right after the Giants won the World Series in 2012
    Giants-Champions.

Pigeon Point Light House near Half Moon Bay, Northern California
    PPLandCloudsWeb.

• Like Like x 10
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Ah, for a glass of wine from the Napa Valley...and to be sitting there or by that lighthouse sipping it!

3. bluzcity

bluzcity FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    I really like the senics. Wish I was there. Nice job!

4. Burkey

Burkey FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Northern New England
    David
    Stephen - very nice images. 'Glad you are enjoying your new X Pro1, I'm liking mine the more I use it especially the OVF. By the way, the lighthouse image is exceptional. Well seen.
    . . . David

5. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    Thanks, David, Actually, I've had my X-Pro1 for well over a year now; those photos were some of the very first I took back when I got mine in Nov. 2012 (before all the good firmware upgrades came out). Thanks for comments on the Lighthouse shot, that certainly was the best photo I had taken with the X-Pro1 up to that point in time. I took that shot on Dec. 20, 2012, and it was bitterly cold out with a strong wind blowing. I waited and waited for the light at sundown to get just right....and thought I would freeze in the interim. I took that with the Fuji 18mm lens, and I was so cold and the wind was blowing so hard that I was worried about motion blur in the shot from shivering from the cold and the wind pushing me around.

6. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    Looking through the archives and found some additional images that were amongst the first I ever took with my X-Pro1

Pamponio State Beach near Half Moon Bay, CA

Pomponio%20Beach%20X-Pro1.

The lighthouse at Pigeon Point. This was a 30 second shot at f/5.6; and it was REALLY dark. The light you see on the lighthouse and fence was from the cabins across the sidewalk. Shows nicely the dynamic range of the camera.
    Pidgeon%20Point%20LH%20X-Pro1.

Where I used to work at our Pleasanton, CA site (sigh...I miss working there)
    Work%204-2.

Fall-Color.

My favorite sushi place in Pleasanton, CA. ISO 6400!
    Pleasanton-6.

• Like Like x 2
  7. juangrande

juangrande FujiXspot Regular

"Pigeon Point lighthouse" looks like a painting! Love the processing

8. jimmy1

jimmy1 FujiXspot Regular

Jan 27, 2014
    lovely pictures.