Fuji X100 Screen Protector

I bought the 3" GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector. The cost was $4.58 at amazon ant it fits good.
no issues so far, woks even when my polarized glasses are on.

Link:
Amazon.com: GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector 3" for Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo
photo-192222.jpg

How are those screen protectors holding up? May I ask what makes you go for the 'hard' type over the thinner, flexible ones?

Thanks in advance,
Ed
Expert Shield

I've been battling with the 'plastic films' for some time now - not only do they offer minimal protection but they suffer my inability to cut four straight and perpendicular lines. :blush:

Just ordered the same ACMAXX screen a few days ago Don. Looking forward to it's arrival as I hear great things....and the screen is starting to show signs of wear from rubbing against my jacket zipper.

A shame you can't seem to easily just replace the rear screen, cheaply, like on the dSLR. Though I assume spares will come shortly.

+1 for hard screen protectors - I use GGS as they're more discreet and don't have the silver border, but ACMAXX has a good reputation too. I used to use plastic film and could never stick it straight, got dust under it, or it'd peel off. The GGS is brilliant, very clear and scratch resistant.

I used the plastic but after just two or three days it warped a bit and came in contact with the screen causing a smeared or bubbled look to part of the screen. Went to the glass GGS and it works great. I cracked one while falling on the rocks, but it saved the lcd from any damage, and they're inexpensive to replace(I buy two at a time). The 3" also fits the XPro1. I think the silver lining gives it kind of a "classy" look!

I also have the GGS screen on my X100 and it is superb, I have used their screen protectors on other cameras and they are great value for money as well as being sturdy and superb value for money.

Back