Some work with the 60mm 2.4

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by OdzBodkinz, Feb 25, 2013.

1. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    I got the 60mm 2.4 this past weekend, and I am not entirely sure I love it yet. I am used to either using a close up lens with some sort of image stabilization be it in the lens or in the body. I feel that the 90mm equivalent is a bit too short to properly and conveniently use on a tripod. I shoot int he kind of places that it isn't allowed to just set my tripod up anywhere so, being able to contort myself on the ground or around the flower displays with a stabilized lens is much more helpful. I do like the 2.4, and of course being able to utilize a higher ISO enables me to keep my SS up. I will keep up with it for a few more weeks to see if I gel with this lens. I might mix in some usage of my MF Nikkors to see if I even need to keep it. I am going to try some portraits with it this weekend too. Thanks for looking.

DSCF9268-X2.

DSCF9337-X2.

DSCF9031-X2.

DSCF9086-X2.

DSCF9098-X2.

DSCF9205-X2.

DSCF9156-X2.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Central-ish NJ
    Ed
    BWs of water droplets are really good. Also like the orchid photos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pelao

Pelao FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    GTA, Ontario
    Stephen, or Steve, or 'hey you"
    Very good!

4. pniev

pniev Guest

Very nice! Thanks.
    The 60mm seems to be an impressive lens.
    Like you I am also wondering if I like the distance. For flowers probably OK but as you say, you can't always use te tripod. I was stupid to sell my 105mm VR nikon. That would have been a great combi with the fuji. Do you have that lens and did you try it?
    Hopefully Fuji will include a 90 or 105mm macro lens.
    Thanks for posting,
    Peter

5. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    I have two old nikkor macros and the 105vr. The old macros are 55mm 3.5 and 105 f4. Both ate alot smaller than the chub 105vr. Not to mention my adapters don't work on G lenses. I will give the old lenses a workout soon.