Springtime in the Pacific NW-finally!

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Mitch Hammontree, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Mitch Hammontree

Mitch Hammontree FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 27, 2015
    After 3 months of rain, ice & snow, there are finally some sun breaking thru to get out and use my XT-1. This is from the Nancy Russell Overlook with a view of the Columbia River Gorge in Washougal, WA. This is where Lewis & Clark camped just before they made it to the Pacific Ocean. The movie Maverick with Mel Gibson was filmed on this stretch of the river. _DSF6322_3_4nat2cs6. _DSF6298_299_300nat2cs6. _DSF6304_5_6nat2cs6. ch of the river in 1994.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Britanica

Britanica FujiXspot Veteran

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    I got the sudden urge to crawl into these pictures and live there! That view is FANTASTIC! :clapping:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rdices

Rdices FujiXspot Regular

Jan 18, 2016
    Nice place and of course the pictures too

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mitch Hammontree

Dec 27, 2015
    You don't need to crawl, just come into Portland and experience the beauty of the Pacific NW!

• Like Like x 2
  5. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    I'm 40 pretty miles up that river, around a few bends. And yes, it's starting to get stunning out. We Have Daffodils!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Britanica

Britanica FujiXspot Veteran

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    I am very tempted haha That view is just heavenly to me. As a child I spent a lot of time in our park, which was right across the street from my house. I loved it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mitch Hammontree

Dec 27, 2015
    I'm looking forward to spring flowers across the river from you-is that Indian Creek? _MJH1420cs6.

• Like Like x 3
  8. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Not sure - I don't recognize that exact spot, but I'm pretty new here. Looks like Mt Hood back there, and perhaps The Dalles on my side of the river?