Synchronising X-E1 and flash with remote radio triggers

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by ilan, May 28, 2013.

1. ilan

ilan New to FujiXspot

May 28, 2013
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Ilan Wittenberg
    Greetings,

I cannot get my X-E1 to synchronize with Canon 580EX II external flash using two Yongnuo (RF-602RX) remote receivers: one connected to the X-E1 via the Microphone/remote release connector and the other connected to the flash using the hot shoe. I am using the transmitter/controller to trigger both camera and flash but even in slow camera speeds the flash fires before the camera takes the photo. Camera is set to manual focus, both camera and flash are set to manual exposure (camera is set on top of a high pole so needs a trigger).
    Anyone has any idea on how to overcome this issues?

Cheers!

Ilan
    Ilan Wittenberg

2. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    You need two triggers and two recvrs. Your first rcvr needs to be connected to the camera to enable the remote shutter, your second transmitter needs to be connected to the camera hotshoe so that the when the camera is tripped to fire, it automatically sends a signal to the hotshoe to trigger the transmitter there which sends signal to the recvr on the flash. Obviosuly, both on different channels.

3. Lafontaine

Lafontaine New to FujiXspot

Jun 12, 2013
    I had cactus v5 for sync on my 5dmkii that i've sell to buy the x-e1 and my cactus are good for the flash on the x-e1
    You just put the receiver/transmitter on the camera. And the same on each flash you whant to trigger and its all good.