The next Fuji X##

Discussion in 'Fuji X10, X20, X30, XF1, and X-S1' started by bergerpa, Feb 19, 2013.

1. bergerpa

bergerpa New to FujiXspot

Feb 18, 2013
    Sorel-Tracy PQ Canada
    Paul Bergeron
    With what improvement the next Fuji X## should come ?

2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    Look at the improvements from the X100 to the X100s and extrapolate - that's probably their general direction... Maybe a sensor upgrade, although the existing sensor is really fine - just need to find some folks at Adobe willing to get the de-mosaic algorithms right. No doubt they'll try to improve the AF with some sort of hybrid PDAF on the sensor - the question being whether it'll significantly improve the speed of the existing lenses or just new ones? Probably similar improvements to MF which should be just as doable with the existing lenses as new ones. Faster burst and shot to shot times. Some interface tweaks. I seriously doubt it'll be a radically different camera, but just improved where it can be...

-Ray

3. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Well, for the Fuji serious compacts (where this thread was started) I'd say an "X30" or such would have sensor improvements as Ray guesses. I'll hazard a speculation that Fuji will put phase detect and "split-image manual fous" in, along the lines of the new X100s ...