THIS SUNDAY London meeting 3rd April

Discussion in 'Coffee Bar' started by Lightmancer, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Ladies, gentlemen and fellow photographers, your expressions of interest, please for a little event that I have posted on our sister site:

THE GREAT PHOTOGRAPHERS' LOUNGE
    SPRING LONDON PHOTO EXPEDITION!

(pause for applause...)

Well, okay, it will actually take the form of a group of like-minded photographers getting together in London for a few hours on a weekend for a leisurely stroll, some snapping and a chat.

I suggest gathering at a suitable location. From there we could walk in one of a number of photogenic directions, gathering again at a suitable pub at an agreed time to share images and swop stories over a refreshing pint of ale.

After the event we'll have a gallery to share our images and show those who couldn't make it just what they have missed!

I'm entirely open to recommendations and alternate suggestions as to start and end points. Feel free to offer options. The only criteria are somewhere easy to find/get to in a reasonably interesting part of town. We probably need to look at a Saturday, since for those of us who would be coming in from out of town, Sunday train services are a lottery at best!

At this stage, I'm looking for expressions of interest, to gauge likely numbers. We will then sort a suitable date, time and venue.

So far we have three "signed up" on PL - it would be nice to get some FujiXSpot people along too!

Who's in?

2. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    ...anybody...?

3. Adam Bonn

Adam Bonn FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 13, 2016
    Porto
    Adam Bonn
    I'd love too!

Depends on the date though, I split my time between Portugal and the UK, I'm currently in the uk, and will be for probably about 5 wks, so if it's in that timeframe, then I come along!

4. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Grand! I'm going to propose a date or three in the next few days. I expect we'll aim for March so hopefully that will work for you.

5. Adam Bonn

Jan 13, 2016
    Porto
    Adam Bonn
    The earlier in March the better for me, but obv it's a date that has to suit as many people as possible!

6. Tony Sale

Tony Sale New to FujiXspot

Jan 17, 2016
    I'm interested

7. MIKEYMIKEY

MIKEYMIKEY New to FujiXspot

Dec 31, 2015
    East Sussex, U.K.
    Mike Morton
    Great idea, I'm in. How about The South Bank or Shoreditch as a couple of suggestions?

8. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Good, good. I'll get back to this tomorrow with a roundup of numbers and a suggested date or two.

9. PaulJ

PaulJ FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 23, 2016
    Hi there.

Although I've just joined the forum, I'd definitely be interested in attending such an event - dependent upon the date. I live in the north of Essex but I work in London - so no problem finding my way to the venue.

Cheers, Paul.

10. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Okay, apologies for the delay!

I am cross-posting this here and on Photographers' Lounge.

From here we have EoI from: Adam Bonn, Tony Sale, Mike Morton and Paul
    From PL we have EoI from:Andy +1, Peter Tachauer and a weather-dependent possible from Christina.

That's a healthy 6-9 people - from past experience that's a sensible-sized group. With Easter, school holidays, my birthday(!) etc. I have come up with the following dates.

Suggested dates:
    Sunday 13th March
    Sunday 3rd April

Please reply to this thread and select ONE of these dates as your preference, and say if the other is POSSIBLE or NOT. If you have no preference, please say so too. I'll go by the will of the majority, of course. If neither date is viable, we'll look at alternatives further into April.

Once we have a hardcore group confirmed for a date we'll sort out exact meeting place - we have some good suggestions already.

Many thanks!

11. PaulJ

PaulJ FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 23, 2016
    Only April 3rd works for me. If that ends up as the chosen date, I'll bring my missus as well as she has Fuji kit. Presumably, no-one will be turned away if they're not tooled-up with Fuji....?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Of course not! The more the merrier.

13. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    I'm plumping for the latter date in the hope that the weather will be that little bit kinder...... I am not weatherproof!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Adam Bonn

Jan 13, 2016
    Porto
    Adam Bonn
    The earlier date in March works better for me...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Okay, the response so far between here and PL is 4-2 in favour of April 3rd so unless that changes radically in the next 24 hours I shall declare that as the date!

• Like Like x 1
  16. PaulJ

PaulJ FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 23, 2016
    Hi Bill,

Any thoughts on possible meet up times / venue for April 3rd, as yet?

Cheers, Paul.

17. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Ok, with sincere apologies to Adam - some other time! We are on for the 3rd of APRIL.

Agenda is to:

a) meet and greet (see below)
    b) mooch and take photos
    c) re-gather over coffee/ale/food
    d) chat convivially
    e) wend our way home
    f) post images of the day back here

Venue:

We'll meet on the south side of Tower Bridge close to the stairs leading down from the bridge. We can then walk west towards Westminster Bridge taking in London, Southwark. Millennium & and Blackfriars Bridges and on to Hungerford and Westminster Bridges. There are plenty of places to stop for liquid and solids en route, you get the better views of London (HMS Belfast, Boris's Office, the Shard, St Paul's, The Gherkin, Cheese Grater, Walkie Talkie, London Eye etc. Plenty of interesting people to shoot too. My thanks to Peter Taschauer for suggesting this venue and route.

Time:
    I suggest a rendezvous at 11:00 gives people time to get into town

Attendance:
    The more the merrier! If you haven't "signed up" yet, please feel free to do so!

So, to summarise:

3rd April @11:00 south side of Tower Bridge close to the stairs leading down from the bridge.

Be there or be somewhere else!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    BUMP!

Please confirm your attendance if you have yet to do so. I've also publicised this on Macfilos.com and with some old friends from the Leica Forum so we should have a really good mix of people attending!

19. PaulJ

PaulJ FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 23, 2016
    Lara (my wife) and I will be there. However, you haven't specified a time as far as I can see.

We're on a bus replacement service (courtesy of the rail engineering works) coming in from the wilds of Essex, and the earliest we can get to Liverpool Street will be 08:46 - assuming everything goes to plan. A 10:00 (or 10:30) start would be ideal - but we'll go with the majority.

Paul.

20. Lightmancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Paul, thanks so much for pointing it out! I had cut and pasted the text from Photographers' Lounge and the key details ended up white on white...! Now amended and there for all to see.