Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 and adapter? Anyone using this lens?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by entropic remnants, Sep 9, 2013.

1. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    I had one of these I used with Nikon D7000's and it was a fabulously sharp ultrawide. Anyone used one on the Fuji X-mount with an adapter? Yes, I realize it's going to be manual focusing but that's easy on the X-E1 with focus peaking and ultrawides aren't that hard to focus anyway, lol. I'm thinking I won't wait for the 10-24mm after all but adapt the Tokina.

I know it's a big lens, but I'll be using it on a tripod for urbex stuff mainly so no big deal.

If you have any experience or samples using this lens I'm interested to hear/see what you think/have.

Thanks.

2. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I say go for it... the adapters aren't too expensive and you already have the lens. :)

3. entropic remnants

Jul 28, 2013
    DOH! No I don't -- I sold it awhile back. But they're not that expensive. I think I'll buy the adapter and see if I can borrow my old one back for a day, or go shoot with the new owner and try it that way.

4. jloden

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Ahhh my mistake, I misread your original post. Well, it's worth a shot. If you end up not wanting to go that route, presuming it's a Nikon F -> Fuji adapter I'll take it off your hands. I've got a handful of Nikon glass I don't use with my Fuji but if I had the adapter I could probably find the occasional use for it anyway.

Also, just so you know the 10-24mm is probably coming in December last I heard, so it's not too awful long to wait. I actually put my 7-14mm up for sale last night figuring the Fuji will replace it. Though I did spend half of last night and this morning debating yanking the listing, haha. Hard lens to part with!

5. entropic remnants

Jul 28, 2013
    I'm fixing to do the same thing, Jay. I'll hold off listing mine until your sells as I'm in no tearing hurry. But I am loving the idea of the X-trans sharpness for my urbex work and large prints. Wow.

I mean I've heard about it, blah-blah. But now that I've seen it with photos I've taken -- even just using the 18-55mm zoom (which is really very good) -- I'm committed... or should be committed or something.

I only just got to the point where I thought I was "settled" in my current system, lol. Crap.

6. jloden

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Haha the two of us are a pair on this one - I sure thought I was settled on m4/3 too.

If you look back through the archives here you'll see I was *this* close to just selling off my Fuji kit a few months back. Amazing what a couple FW updates and some time will do, lol.

7. entropic remnants

Jul 28, 2013
    Do you have the 14mm f/2.8 Fujinon? It looks killer and it's *almost* wide enough, lol.

8. jloden

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Sure do - you're welcome to try mine sometime too. It's a killer lens, lots of my Canada pics were from that one. But it's not wide enough if you like 14-16mm equivalent, I assure you :D