Sony New Zeiss mounts for NEX cameras

I agree with what you're both saying, but I think getting any of the Zeiss SLR or leica m mount lenses with an adapter would be a better and cheaper option.

I think zeiss are rumored to be bringing out an AF prime though, might have been 24mm f2 - can't quite remember, though I saw it on sonyalpharumors

I agree with what you're both saying, but I think getting any of the Zeiss SLR or leica m mount lenses with an adapter would be a better and cheaper option.

I think zeiss are rumored to be bringing out an AF prime though, might have been 24mm f2 - can't quite remember, though I saw it on sonyalpharumors

It's (hopefully) going to be 24mm f1.7 but no idea when it's out.

Vince, just to clear up a potential confusion here, the forthcoming 24mm lens is not a Zeiss third party lens for NEX but a Sony Zeiss lens, and it is Sony rather than Zeiss that is bringing out this lens.

Sony's high end DSLR lenses are branded as either 'G' (carried over from Minolta) lenses or 'Carl Zeiss' lenses. These are lenses designed for and built for Sony cameras. The precise nature of the Zeiss input is not entirely clear but essentially the lenses are manufactures by Sony to optical requirements set out by CZ in order to carry the CZ branding.

Back