True street thread

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by spinyman, Feb 14, 2013.

1. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    nice work spiny. How was was there no street thread yet?!
    We need more image threads people. And I'm temporarily between X's so I can't really help out. Start sharing your images people. There's only so much that needs to be said about these cameras. And a picture is worth a thousand words.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Briar

Briar New to FujiXspot

Feb 4, 2013
    Scotland
    Karen
    I'm tempted to start the "False" Street Thread just to see what the difference is!

• Like Like x 5
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    I'm laughing, Karen!

"Street photography" has so many slightly different meanings, I think. I've always hesitated to post things in these threads probably due to feeling that I am anything but a "street photographer". But one person's "street" is not another's...or perhaps there are many roads to travel?

So here I go - with my X100 from a while ago.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/6012220351/" title="8-11-44-1.jpg by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr"> 6012220351_7f4010b436_b. "1024" height="680" alt="8-11-44-1.jpg"></a>

• Like Like x 8
  5. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Less active street

Wow, some really nice graphical street shots here that you can almost feel yourself being there in person.....they clearly demonstrate the skill set of members coupled with their great powers of observation and ability to capture the moment.

I tend to shoot more documentary street than action street but still love it and for me, the X100 is a great street camera that sits along my other street machine (Pany GX1+25mm f1.4).

It is great to see that there are still a growing number of street shooters out there who enjoy the challenge and produce the goods.....this site is definately going in the right direction!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    As soon as I saw the title, that was my initial thought too!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
    • Like Like x 4
  9. pniev

pniev Guest

Fabulous pics and great thread. I've always wanted to do more street photography with people but hesitated doing so because of people's privacy. How do y'all deal with that? Anyway, I will try to select some tomorrow.
    Peter

10. spinyman

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    Maybe a dumb name,I confess,but amazing pics already.This thread should include whatever "street" means to you.Iansky,whatever you call it, your a master.BBW,Luke, your postings are wonderful street shots.Everyone has something shot candidly that captures a moment in time that will never be repeated.Let us enjoy them!
    pniev,public places are just that.You can shoot in public as much as you want.You set your own comfort level.Like anything,it gets easier with practice.
    Briar,I think it would be easier to define "False street" than true street!,LOL!
    Luke,if street literally means you need to be outside on the street,I violated the rule with my last post.I like a very loose interpretation of the category better.Btw,your snow shot has such an immediacy to it.That pic defines street for me.

• Like Like x 2
  11. krysdafur

krysdafur FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 1, 2013
    Fortune teller in Chinatown
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/krysdafur/6881847199/" title="Untitled by krysdafur, on Flickr"> 6881847199_e42a9c43c3_b. "1024" height="680" alt="Untitled"></a>

• Like Like x 4
  12. spinyman

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    krysdafir,I wish I could easedrop on them!Nice one.

13. afkenner

afkenner FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    New York
    Adam
    Somebody didn't get the memo

shore2shore_20130213-1915.

• Like Like x 8
  14. pniev

pniev Guest

Thanks! Here are some examples taken with X10. Not as rich and good as other pics, I'm afraid but they bring back good memories to me. ;-)
    Peter

Singing in Brittany:
    [​IMG]

Passing by:
    [​IMG]

Who needs buyers when you have onions?
    [​IMG]

Boys and toys:
    [​IMG]

What is he thinking?
    [​IMG]

Making coffee in Manhattan:
    [​IMG]

Shoes in Manhattan:
    [​IMG]

15. Tdp

Tdp Guest

16. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    :jedi::wink_old:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tdp

Tdp Guest

Hahahahaha HAHAHA

18. Tdp

Tdp Guest

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. spinyman

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    pniev,Those are wonderful shots,all of them.You don't have to get in anyone's face to shoot true street.In fact,by stepping back and taking in the surroundings,you can paint a richer picture,so to speak.
    Bty,I just validated my thread title!true street haha!