unsubscribing

Discussion in 'Site Information, Help, and Feedback' started by walker, Apr 1, 2014.

1. walker

walker FujiXspot Regular

Jan 18, 2014
    Italy, Northeast
    hi,

I have searched through the forum a place where to cancel my subscription. if this is not possible, please, consider this an unsubscribe request.

best regards,

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Hi Walker, you have a PM

...or not, since you have chosen not to receive them.

Please contact me so I can help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    HI Walker, here is info copy / pasted from an FAQ I have been working on:

How do I cancel my account?

There is normally no need to cancel a FujiXspot account. If you expect not to need to post at FujiXspot.com, you can simply stop visiting our site. There is nothing you need us to do. Under our Privacy Policy, we won't email you unless you have chosen to receive administrator emails and/or chosen to receive email notifications for subscribed threads, and you can change these options at any time (see below). We won't release or sell your contact information unless required to do so by law enforcement agencies. Inactive accounts are of little consequence. The advantage is that if you change your mind, perhaps because you have an Fuji X-related question, you can return to FujiXspot.com, log in, and post.

For additional privacy, you are welcome to remove the information in your User Profile (Email address, Instant Messaging names, Location, etc.).

If you have subscribed to any forums or threads, have asked for email notifications, and are no longer interested in receiving those messages, delete the subscriptions on your List Subscriptions page.

If there are exceptional circumstances, such as an employment contract, that require that your account be canceled to prevent you from logging in, use the Contact Form to let us know. We'll probably direct you to this FAQ section unless you tell us you've already read it!

Canceling an account does not remove previously made posts from the forums, nor quotes of those posts by other members. If you are concerned about information in one of your previous posts (e.g., it contains too much personal information), you can edit the body of the post yourself. Post/thread titles are permanent in some forums and cannot be edited. You also cannot delete threads which you have started. We will not delete your posts or gallery photos for you and strongly discourage you from editing or deleting large numbers of previous posts, since that may leave thread discussions "broken" or confusing to those who read them in the future.

Canceling an account is permanent. Be sure to edit any posts you want to edit and delete any gallery photos you want to delete before canceling your account. Once your account has been canceled, your posts will all be labeled "Guest" under your username (which will remain unchanged - we will not change usernames for canceled accounts). You will no longer be able to edit them, and we will not do it for you.

Adapted from the MacRumors.com FAQ

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Your presence and photographs will be missed, walker.

Perhaps consider just going the "in active" route, so you can come back at some point in your current membership? Just a thought. Even as a moderator, I have been going through many long stretches of inactivity. That said, Amin has explained everything in very helpful details.

• Like Like x 1
  5. walker

walker FujiXspot Regular

Jan 18, 2014
    Italy, Northeast
    accept my deep apologies and I hope you don't get angry for the joke

I wish you an happy april fools' day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    OK, that's it - I've removed all my thanks from your photos!:warning:

Nah, walker, I'm kidding. April Fool's - well you fooled us all and at least a few of us were quite concerned.

Apologies accepted after some angst.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 17, 2013